Share Crafts

Love North Carolina (near Grandfather Mountain, NC)

Scenic fall color photo.

Living in the central part of North Carolina, it's a 3-4 hour drive to the mountains or to the beach. My husband and I can have a great time traveling to the coast or to the mountains for a day trip.

This colorful fall shot was taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Looking at the top of the mountain, above the little red tree, you can see a gap. Crossing the gap is the Grandfather Mountain mile high swinging bridge. I can see the bridge in my large photo, but am not sure if it will show up on Thriftyfun. Years ago, when we went up on Grandfather Mountain, I did not have enough nerve to cross that bridge. This is something that I want to do. I will put it on my bucket list.

By Betty from NC

By Sheila 65 55 09/19/2012

A beautiful picture Betty. I am from Canada and visited North Carolina a couple of years ago. We camped there, and we still talk about it today. A lovely state, definitely one to visit again.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By CDC 67 39 09/19/2012

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful picture. Beautiful!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Litter Gitter 148 556 10/22/2012

Click on the picture to enlarge it and you can see the bridge.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Post a Comment