North Carolina Frugal Travel Guide

Category North America
Finding fun ways to save money can make for a great vacation. This is a North Carolina frugal travel guide.

I'm enjoying watching people ski down the mountain at Beech Mountain NC. It was so warm this week, just about all the snow melted but it's cold again and it has also snowed plus they are making snow for the slopes.

I think you will enjoy watching the action in our beautiful North Carolina mountains.

Link: http://www.resortcams.com/webcams/beech-mountain-summit/

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Bald River Falls in the North Carolina mountains. One of the largest waterfalls and it will take your breath away!

By Lou Ann

Bald River Falls in the North Carolina mountains.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 17

Living in the central part of North Carolina, it's a 3-4 hour drive to the mountains or to the beach. My husband and I can have a great time traveling to the coast or to the mountains for a day trip.

This colorful fall shot was taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Looking at the top of the mountain, above the little red tree, you can see a gap. Crossing the gap is the Grandfather Mountain mile high swinging bridge. I can see the bridge in my large photo, but am not sure if it will show up on Thriftyfun. Years ago, when we went up on Grandfather Mountain, I did not have enough nerve to cross that bridge. This is something that I want to do. I will put it on my bucket list.

By littergitter from NC

Scenic fall color photo.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Many times I have wished I had taken a picture of a building or an old house that is no longer there, especially old homes where I grew up. I look at this old house, that is still standing today, and wonder about the families that once lived there.

I can just imagine them sitting around the fireplace or cooking on the old wood stove and enjoying a simple life, no TV, computer, phone, or the other luxuries we have today that make life so busy.

An old house surrounded by trees.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

This was taken from the top of Grandfather Mountain State Park, in North Carolina. Even though it was cloudy, it was a beautiful view.

Mountain view with rocks in foreground

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

It seems a million years ago, but, it was only 5 years ago, that my hubby and I had a pre-wedding vacation! A pre-honeymoon if you will, and we chose to go to OBX! The Outer Banks in North Carolina.

A Stormy Day in Outer Banks North Carolina

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

In North Carolina, it's the end of another beautiful day at Carolina Beach State Park.

Sunset (Carolina Beach State Park Marina, NC)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

We were in Cherokee, NC last October (at the base of the Smokies), and came across this bamboo jungle in a park. I loved it so much, that I had to snap a picture of it.

A bamboo forest in Cherokee, NC

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

My husband and I were heading out in the boat for a early morning fishing trip and I took this photo in the boat while it was moving! Beautiful September morning in Coastal North Carolina!

A golden sunrise over the ocean in North Carolina.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

This is a view of Hot Springs, NC at dusk, from the top of Serpentine Road. I have come here with my love more than once, sometimes at night, to view the twinkling lights.

When I have had to come alone, I have taken photos and shown them to him, at various times of the day or night.

A view looking down the mountain at Hot Springs, NC.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

On our travels, we love to visit places that have old world charm and architecture. Here is a fountain that I had to capture. Love all the wonderful details!

Comment Like this photo? 6

I looked out the kitchen window to check for frost damage to my plants. My eyes caught the reddest sunrise of my life.

October Sunrise From My Garden

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

Driving along the Natahala River in Western North Carolina is a beautiful experience. I stopped to snap a few photos of the natural beauty and this kayaker came along.

Kayaking the Natahala

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

This was taken from the boat we were on during our trip to the Outer Banks, North Carolina. Gorgeous sky, perfect weather. Loved being by the ocean!

Photo of an Outer Banks North Carolina

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

During the 40s and 50s, when our family traveled to Louisburg to visit the aunts, we would take the longer route and ride by Laurel Mill. I remember stopping and going inside the mill, watching the corn being ground and walking around and listening to the water run over the dam.

I developed a love for old mills.

An old mill in Franklin County, NC

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1
Load More

Travel and Recreation Travel Guides North AmericaMarch 11, 2013
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/North-Carolina-Frugal-Travel-Guide.html