North Carolina Frugal Travel Guide

Category North America
Finding fun ways to save money can make for a great vacation. This is a North Carolina frugal travel guide.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Bald Eagle in the North Carolina Mountains. One of the largest waterfalls and it will take your breath away!

By Lou Ann

North Carolina Mountains

Comment Like this photo? 17

This was taken from the top of Grandfather Mountain State Park, in North Carolina. Even though it was cloudy, it was a beautiful view.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

It seems a million years ago, but, it was only 5 years ago, that my hubby and I had a pre-wedding vacation! A pre-honeymoon if you will, and we chose to go to OBX! The Outer Banks in North Carolina.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

In North Carolina, it's the end of another beautiful day at Carolina Beach State Park.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

My husband and I were heading out in the boat for a early morning fishing trip and I took this photo in the boat while it was moving! Beautiful September morning in Coastal North Carolina!

By Julie

Sunrise (North Carolina)

Comment Like this photo? 8

I looked out the kitchen window to check for frost damage to my plants. My eyes caught the reddest sunrise of my life.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Driving along the Natahala River in Western North Carolina is a beautiful experience. I stopped to snap a few photos of the natural beauty and this kayaker came along.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

This was taken from the boat we were on during our trip to the Outer Banks, North Carolina. Gorgeous sky, perfect weather. Loved being by the ocean!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

I love watching a beautiful sunset. This is a view of the Cape Fear River at Fort Fisher, North Carolina. Fort Fisher has a museum, aquarium, State Park on the ocean, ferry that crosses the Cape Fear River over to South Port and some good fishing.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Last summer, we visited Sylvan Heights Waterfowl Park in Scotland Neck, NC. We almost missed this exhibit. The aquarium is located in the restroom building along with a honeybee hive that you can observe busy bees at work.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1