Love North Carolina (near Grandfather Mountain, NC)

Living in the central part of North Carolina, it's a 3-4 hour drive to the mountains or to the beach. My husband and I can have a great time traveling to the coast or to the mountains for a day trip.

This colorful fall shot was taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Looking at the top of the mountain, above the little red tree, you can see a gap. Crossing the gap is the Grandfather Mountain mile high swinging bridge. I can see the bridge in my large photo, but am not sure if it will show up on Thriftyfun. Years ago, when we went up on Grandfather Mountain, I did not have enough nerve to cross that bridge. This is something that I want to do. I will put it on my bucket list.

By littergitter from NC

A beautiful picture Betty. I am from Canada and visited North Carolina a couple of years ago.

We camped there, and we still talk about it today. A lovely state, definitely one to visit again.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful picture. Beautiful!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Beautiful!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Click on the picture to enlarge it and you can see the bridge.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photos ScenerySeptember 14, 2012
🌻
👒
🐰
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Love-North-Carolina-near-Grandfather-Mountain-NC-.html