Lucky Bamboo Leaves Are Turning Yellow

I have twisted bamboo sticks that were gifted to me. For a few days they were greenish, but now the leaves are turning yellow. There are no new leaves growing. One of the sticks has no leaves on it. Please tell me how can I save it.

By kuljeet from India

Answers:

Lucky Bamboo Leaves Are Turning Yellow

Yellow leaves are caused by too much fertilizer or too much light. Yellow stalks are usually caused by too much fertilizer. Changing the water was the best way to handle this problem. However, the damage may have been too far gone by the time you changed the water.

You have two choices:

• You can ride it out for the next few weeks and see if the plant recovers.

• You can start over by cutting the lucky bamboo stalk above the yellow. Find a node about an inch above the yellow part. The nodes are the raised rings that grow around the stalk. Cut the stalk and take the stock top and dip it in rooting hormone powder (local garden center should carry this). Let it dry overnight; then place it in a container with a couple of inches of water. The stalk top will form roots and you will have a new plant.
    good luck.
(07/30/2009)

By kffrmw88

Lucky Bamboo Leaves Are Turning Yellow

Try using bottled water. My Lucky Bamboo died when I used tap water when living in the South. I was told to use bottled water, and it worked. (08/06/2009)

By mulberry204

Lucky Bamboo Leaves Are Turning Yellow

I have had lucky bamboo for years. I keep it in my bathroom for the moisture. I was told to water it with rain water, not tap water. Everytime it rains I catch water and put in the container. I have many plants I have cut off from the original plant. I have no yellow leaves. Try this, it might work for you. (08/06/2009)

By pmcbee

Lucky Bamboo Leaves Are Turning Yellow

Be sure you trade out the water and rinse off the roots to remove slime etc. Soak it in water, leaves and all, with a few drops of bleach to remove any bad bacteria. After all slime and rotted root are removed, this plant can be rinsed in a light soak of dish liquid and "rinsed well".

Dish liquid actually gives plants a nice shine. This is a low light plant. With new water and sheltered light mine does well. (08/11/2009)

By Windgate

Lucky Bamboo Leaves Are Turning Yellow
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Lucky bamboo closeup.
Transplanting "Lucky Bamboo" Outside
Growing Lucky Bamboo
Growing "Lucky Bamboo"
🎉
🎄