Make Plant Markers Out Of Milk Jugs

Plant labels can be expensive to buy and often don't last more than once season. So, this year I am making my own. I am cutting squares out of my clear plastic milk jugs, and writing the plant or seed name on the squares, along with the date planted. Then, using an ice pick, I am poking 3 holes (in a vertical line) about 1 and 1/2 inches apart in the square. Then, I am inserting my stick, weaving it through the holes to hold it. (with only 2 holes, the plastic square label part slides down, the 3rd hole seems to prevent this) The "sticks" are a piece of stiff galvanized fence wire that I cut to a 12 inch length, bought for about $2.00 at the hardware store in the scrap pile. It should probably make about 25 label holders. Good way to recycle empty milk jugs. I can reuse my "sticks" again next year.

By April from Plattsburg, MO

Answers:

Make Plant Markers Out Of Milk Jugs

what a great idea,I also use empty milk jugs to transfer seedling from 6 pks to half jugs in spring so that when I transfer to garden they have great start,then I cut off bottom and use ring to prevent cutworms and better watering.Jeanne3737 in Maine (01/18/2007)

By Jeanne3737

Make Plant Markers Out Of Milk Jugs

Another easy way is to recycle old plastic venetian blinds. one blind will make hundreds of plant markers. Cut the slats into 4 or 5 inch pieces and write on them with a #2 pencil. cheap and easy, and fast. (01/19/2007)

By wsulecki

Milk Jug On White Background
Uses for Milk Jugs
Plastic Milk Jug
Crafts Using Milk Jugs
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
Milk Jug Ring Earrings
Making Milk Jug Ring Earrings
A single plastic 1/2 gallon milk jug against a black background.
Using Milk Jugs in the Garden
🎉
🎄