Makeup Stains on Clothing

How do you remove make up stains from the collar of a white blouse without taking it to the dry cleaners?

JoAnn from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Makeup Stains on Clothing

You didn't say what the fiber content of the blouse might be. Why do you take it to the dry cleaners? Is it silk?

For stains on cotton or cotton/poly blend, apply liquid detergent directly on the stain. Or you can use a pre-cleaner for spots. Wash in cool water with bleach and detergent added.

Good luck. (10/18/2006)

By Carol in PA

Makeup Stains on Clothing

I sell pre-owned clothes for a living and often come across makeup on clothes and for most fabrics, baby wipes work brilliantly. Be careful on silk though, as babywipes have a little oil in them and can leave a further "greasespot" after the makeup has been removed. Good luck.

BikiniLady (01/11/2007)

By BikiniLady

Makeup Stains on Clothing

Ultra Concentrated Dawn was the only thing that removed makeup (face painting makeup) from my daughter's 100% cotton shirt and I tried a lot. It did wonders.

My daughter wiped her sleeve across her face getting face painting make-up all over it. I washed the top as soon as we got home, used Shout pre-wash and Tide w/bleach alternative and let it soak for a long time and very little came out. I then tried rubbing alcohol with little success. Then tried Oxiclean and soaked again and still a lot remained. After reading this thread, I tried Ultra Concentrated Dawn with a toothbrush and it all came out, quickly too. (10/02/2008)

By lafavor

Liquid foundation bottle laying on side, with foundation spilled on white surface
Cleaning Makeup Stains from Clothing
Mascara
Removing Eye Makeup Stains from Fabric
Liquid Makeup
Removing Liquid Makeup Stains
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Puddles of liquid foundation makeup on a white background.  One is shaped like a heart.
Cleaning Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing
🎄