Cleaning Makeup Stains from Clothing

Makeup stains on clothing can be stubborn ones to remove. This is a page about cleaning makeup stains from clothing.

How can I get cream blush out of a white shirt?

By Debbie Chiappetta from Milwaukee, WI

Answers

Best Answer

Dawn dish soap first for any stain before washing! It has taken out everything so far. I had a white shirt with a stain that I didn't catch until it had gone through the dryer! I used Sun which is exactly the same only better than OxiClean and 1/3 of the price. I used it in with the whites and everything comes out bright, and that stain did too! Clorox makes things yellow and breaks down fabric.

How can make-up stains be removed from the necks of sweaters and turtle necks? I have tried Shout and Oxi-clean. Some of the items are all cotton, some are blends, and some are man made fabrics.

Answers

Makeup remover (wipes or liquids) that you use on your face might help. You'll need something that breaks down the oils.

Oxi- Clean is good for this !

The best way to remove makeup stains from clothes is right away before they have time to sink into the fabric. Use an oil-free eye makeup remover. According to makeup artist the best oil free eye makeup remover is Neutrogenas oil-free eye makeup remover. They say it can even remove the stains if they are set into the clothes.

I have had good luck with straight hydrogen peroxide, and bleach, when appropriate

This is a page about cleaning foundation makeup stains on clothing. Foundation makeup stains can be a challenge to remove from clothing.

Puddles of liquid foundation makeup on a white background.  One is shaped like a heart.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

How do you remove make up stains from the collar of a white blouse without taking it to the dry cleaners?

JoAnn from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Makeup Stains on Clothing

You didn't say what the fiber content of the blouse might be. Why do you take it to the dry cleaners? Is it silk?

For stains on cotton or cotton/poly blend, apply liquid detergent directly on the stain. Or you can use a pre-cleaner for spots. Wash in cool water with bleach and detergent added.

Good luck. (10/18/2006)

By Carol in PA

Makeup Stains on Clothing

I sell pre-owned clothes for a living and often come across makeup on clothes and for most fabrics, baby wipes work brilliantly. Be careful on silk though, as babywipes have a little oil in them and can leave a further "greasespot" after the makeup has been removed. Good luck.

BikiniLady (01/11/2007)

By BikiniLady

Makeup Stains on Clothing

Ultra Concentrated Dawn was the only thing that removed makeup (face painting makeup) from my daughter's 100% cotton shirt and I tried a lot. It did wonders.

My daughter wiped her sleeve across her face getting face painting make-up all over it. I washed the top as soon as we got home, used Shout pre-wash and Tide w/bleach alternative and let it soak for a long time and very little came out. I then tried rubbing alcohol with little success. Then tried Oxiclean and soaked again and still a lot remained. After reading this thread, I tried Ultra Concentrated Dawn with a toothbrush and it all came out, quickly too. (10/02/2008)

By Lynn

My ex bought real makeup for our 5 1/2 yr old dd, and let her put it on at his house, unsupervised, and she got makeup all over the front of a white shirt. Is there a way to get the stains out of her shirt and make it white again? I have not washed it yet, if that helps any. Thank you for your suggestions.

Janice from IL

Answers:

I'd use an old toothbrush, starting with Almay eye-makeup remover, then using Ultra Dawn undiluted.

Then rinse and if any remains, use alcohol, then use cream peroxide for 4-24 hours (do not get on skin), keeping stained areas wet in plastic bag, if needed. Rinse again and use Ultra Dawn one more time along with white chalk rubbed all over the stained area first before this particular wash. Wash/rinse. It should be lifted at any of these stages. Last wash/rinse is imperative because any stain removing can create holes in cloth if left unwashed/rinsed well. Good luck and God bless you. (09/03/2006)

By Lynda

I washed a load of clothes that had cover-up makeup. I didn't catch it before the dryer and now I have dried in tan streaks. Any help?

krisnewb from Helena, MT

Answers:

Cover-up Makeup Stains on Clothing

Go to the store and buy a stain remover called: ZOUT, it will get the make up out of your clothes. I sometimes use this and Oxiclean granuales together. Hope this helps :) (08/02/2006)

By Gepe

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJune 24, 2016
📓
😎
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Makeup-Stains-from-Clothing.html