Making Adjustable Yarn Necklaces

Does anyone know how to make necklaces out of yarn? They were adjustable with a bead on the back they were made with several strands and it was not the normal yarn it was more like fancy ribbons?

Carole from Rice, MN

Answers:

Making Adjustable Yarn Necklaces

straw.com

I'm not certain that this is what you are looking for. Hope this helps. (11/19/2008)

By Dibbs

Making Adjustable Yarn Necklaces

Here is how I made my "yarn" necklace: I used a large wooden bead (1/2 - 3/4 inches in diameter) with a fairly large hole. I then laid out 46 inch lengths of various fancy yarns and a light weight variegated ribbon. These weren't actually yarns.They were those specialty yarns and trims. One is called "Fun Fur" eyelash yarn. I used 5 strands. It will depend on how large the hole is in your bead. I think I used a large holed needle and strung the ends in opposite directions through the bead. That way you can pull the two sides to adjust the length you want your necklace to be. I also added other types of beads at the bottom of some of the strands. I get lots of compliments when I wear it. I used a variety of colors instead of just one. I hope this helps you out.

Judy in AL (11/25/2008)

By bjptl

Making Adjustable Yarn Necklaces
knitting needles
Using Eyelash Yarn
Adjustable Sock Loom
Using a Knitting Board Adjustable Sock Loom
Coir Yarn Coaster
Making a Coir Yarn Coaster
Trellis Yarn Necklace
Making Trellis Yarn Jewelry
🎉
🎄