Making Necklaces Out of Yarn

Category Jewelry
Intricate macrame (finger weaving) necklace resting against silver or pewter boxes on a dark wood surface.
Not all yarn necklace projects require you to know how to knit or crochet. This is a guide about making necklaces out of yarn.

I want to learn how to make necklaces with fancy yarns. Does anyone have instructions for no knit or crochet necklaces, please?

By cgladybird from Goose Creek, SC

Answers

You could probably do macrame. Here is a link for a necklace made from hemp, but you can do it with yarn.

http://www.wiki  -a-Hemp-Necklace

Here is another site called "Get Started: Macrame Jewelry" -

http://jewelrym  ry/ss/052205.htm

I don't know if this is what you are looking for,but I will give you the directions just in case. You will need a large bead with a pretty good sized hole in it, and optional other beads to attach to the bottoms of both sides.Get yourself 5 or 6 varieties of those hairy yarns,ribbon, and those trims that look like they have tiny flags of different colors.

You can use most anything as long as it's not thick or heavy. Cut lengths of each yarn to about 45 inches, then lay them out on a table. Now string them onto the bead.(one layer goes into the right side of the bead and the other layer goes into the left side of the bead)arrange to your liking leaving yarn hanging down from the bead about 6 inches. at this point you can add beads to some of the strands.

I used some pony beads and other beads I had with just a little larger holes. I hope you like it as much as I do. Judy in Alabama