Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Making Bath Bombs

Fizzy, relaxing bath bombs make a great gift or self indulgence. This is a guide about making bath bombs.

March 4, 2017 Flag

Pampering Lemon Peppermint Bath Bombs

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

These bath bombs combine two popular scents, citrusy lemon and relaxing peppermint. Make some of them for yourself and prepare to be pampered.

March 14, 2017 Flag

Homemade Bath Bombs

Homemade bath bombs are a fun, to make and give, gift for a friend on Valentine's day or any special occasion. This is a guide about homemade Valentine's Day bath bombs.

March 8, 2017 Flag

A soft bath bomb dissolving in the bathwater.

If you are making homemade bath bombs and they won't harden it can be frustrating. This is a guide about homemade bath bombs won't harden.

March 7, 2017 Flag

A pair of bath bombs in front of other toiletries.

Bath bombs are a fun craft to make for yourself or as a gift. This is a guide about making bath bombs at home.

March 16, 2011 Flag

In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and the olive oil until it is the consistency of pastry dough. Add the fragrance oil, mix until evenly distributed.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Craftbits0 found this helpful
September 14, 2005 Flag

Combine the dry ingredients in bowl and stir until well mixed. Next... Drizzle in the almond oil and stir until mixture is moistened. Add more oil and fragrance and stir until well mixed.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 16, 2017 Flag

Do your bath bombs have to be in the freezer till you are ready to use them? I took mine out of the freezer and the next day it deformed.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The recommended way is to store them in an airtight container, and to avoid moist rooms. A bathroom is not a good place to store them.

August 16, 2016 Flag

I am making bath bombs. What do I use to colour them? I want to use a natural product.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There are a lot of natural ways to do this. Try beet root powder or carrots ground raw. Cinnamon also works well but might cause skin irritation to some.

Try Annatto for yellow, Turmeric for orange, cocoa powder for brown, cinnamon for light brown, parsley for green.

October 5, 2014 Flag

My bath bombs did not harden in 24 hours. How can I make them harden?

By Nedy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Bath bombs are neat and really make great gifts.

It is difficult to really diagnose what caused your bombs to not hardened but maybe if you review some instructions on how to make them you may see what you could have done wrong.

https://www.soa  estions-answers/

February 16, 2015 Flag

I love making bath bombs and have made quite a few batches in the past month. Just recently I noticed that when my bath bomb is fizzing, there are a lot of little yellowish-whitish lumps showing. I have no idea what they are. They look really gross like warts. I'm thinking maybe it's the food colouring because I only made 2 batches with food colouring and both of them had this problem. The other 2 batches I made were perfect! Also, I noticed that instead of floating on the water like they should, they sink down to the bottom of the tub! I really want to have my own soap and cosmetics business and sell at craft fairs and stuff so please reply! Thank you.

By Liv

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 15, 2010 Flag

Hi again. Well I made the homemade bath bombs, but they are not fizzy. Here are the ingredients I used: 1 part citric acid, 2 parts bicarbonate of soda, colour, and essential oil (a few drops), also 1 part Epsom salts. The problem is they are crumbly and breaking up. I have left them over 24hrs now and still the same. Can anyone help? Many thanks.

Helen xx

By Helen from U.K

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Go to soapqueen.com she has videos where you can learn how to make "Bath Bombs". I never heard of using Epsom salt in bath bombs before. Have fun.

I don't know anything about bath bombs, but if you are mixing citric acid and bicarbonate of soda, you should be getting a chemical reaction, fizzing. When you pop them in water, that is. What is holding these things together?

April 11, 2006 Flag

Does anyone know how to make cupcake bath bombs and also I am looking for a recipe for they resemble jello jigglers but they are for your bathtub. You scent them, color them and drop one in the tub for a nice bath.

Fruity6 from Cleveland, Ohio

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Does anyone have a recipe for "cupcake bath bombs"? They are bath fizzies in a shape of a cupcake. I bought some, but would like to make as gifts. They are made in muffin pans and use muffin liners. Thanks for any help!

Dana from Newkensington, PA

Answers:
RE: Cupcake Bath Bombs
Post by Luvyabye
Hi Dana!! Here's a page with some recipes. You can key "Make your own bath bombs" in the search engine and come up with other sites, too. Have fun! http://www.teachsoap.com/bombs.html

http://www.craf  p?topic=53178.20

Reply #22 is the recipe and technique. Go to the beginning of the thread for a picture. Good luck!

http://soap-que  nstructions.html

has instructions on making frosted bath bomb cupcakes.

April 4, 2010 Flag

How do I make bath bombs?

By J

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Citric acid

Cornstarch

Essential oils

Sweet almond oil

Food coloring

1. In a mixing bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of citric acid. Mix well.

2. When there are no more lumps, add 1/4 C baking soda to the mixture. Stir until you have a very dry, dough-like consistency.

3. In a second bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of sweet almond oil with 3-4 drops of food coloring.

4. Next, add 1/4 teaspoon of your essential oil for scent.

5. Very slowly and carefully add your oil, food coloring, and essential oil mixture to the first bowl that has the dry dough mixture. Blend everything very well.

6. Lay out a piece of wax paper, and using your hands, roll the mixture into balls that are smaller than golf balls. Anything bigger may not dry thoroughly, which can make a mess!

7. Place your bath bomb balls on wax paper and let them dry for several hours in a warm and dry place. After that, you will need to move them to an open box or plastic container to dry for several days before you package them up.

TIP: The drying time is very important. No one wants a gooey bomb!

8. Once the drying is completed, put your bombs in any sort of decorative container for storage. Some people wrap them in cellophane to give as treats, the rest is up to you! Just be sure to let them dry, don't get in a hurry to finish them up!

November 13, 2009 Flag

Can I put my bath bombs in the oven to speed up the drying process? What temperature would I use? How long?

By RV from Ontario

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What is a bath bomb?

<b>Editor's Note:</b> Here you go : http://en.wikip  g/wiki/Bath_bomb

Crafts Bath & Beauty BathApril 18, 2012
Pampering Lemon Peppermint Bath Bombs - Supplies
Pampering Lemon Peppermint Bath Bombs
Homemade Bath Bombs Won't Harden
Homemade Bath Bombs - bath bomb still in cupcake paper
Homemade Valentine's Day Bath Bombs
Making Bath Bombs at Home
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 16, 2017 at 5:12:09 PM on 10.0.2.249 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.