Homemade Bath Bombs
My daughter made these homemade bath bombs as a Valentine's day gift for her friend. They were really easy to make and smelled amazing!
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup Epsom salt
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp essential oil (I used grapefruit)
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2-4 drops food coloring
- silicon cupcake pan, optional
- paper cupcake liners
- In a bowl, combine the baking soda, citric acid, and Epsom salt.
- Stir well.
- In a separate bowl, combine water, essential oil, olive oil, and food coloring.
- Stir well.
- Carefully pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir well.
- Scoop out about 1/3 cup and form into a ball with your hands. Place each bath bomb into a cupcake liner.
- Allow bath bombs to dry completely. Approximately 4-8 hours. Place them into decorative bags, to give as gifts.
- Using the bath bomb: When you re ready to use the bath bomb, simply remove the paper liner and place it into the bath water. Enjoy!
- Optional: If you want to make heart shaped ones, fill each cup in the pan about half way. Use your fingers to press the mixture firmly into the cup. Allow the bath bombs to dry completely before trying to remove them. Be aware that they will puff up quite a bit in the pan.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!