Making Bath Bombs

Category Bath
Fizzy, relaxing bath bombs make a great gift or self indulgence. This is a page about making bath bombs.

I made these as stocking stuffer snowmen for my adult children, but they are a treat anytime of the year! Unfortunately I didn't take a final photo of them with their "faces on", but it was a simply drawn as a bunch of dots (similar to smiley faces really) made with a Betty Crocker Easy Writer 4 decorator pen.

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 6 big balls or multiple smaller ones

• 3/4 cup corn starch
  • 1/2 cup Epson salts
  • 1/2 cup citric acid
  • 30 Drops essential oils (your preference)
  • 2+ tsp witch hazel or water to get the right consistency
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup baking soda
  • 2 Tbsp oil
  • round molds or ice cube tray
  • Optional: dried flowers, leaves, or herbs
  • 1 Betty Crocker Easy Writer 4 decorator pen used to make the snowman's face

1. Combine dry ingredients (baking soda, salt, citric acid, and cornstarch) in a large bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
  2. In a small bowl, combine the oil, witch hazel, and vanilla extract and stir well. Add essential oils now if using. Eucalyptus is great for opening sinuses, peppermint for energy, wild orange and lavender are stress relievers.
  3. IMPORTANT: Add liquid slowly (a few drops at a time) to the dry ingredients or it may fizz!!
  4. Mix together well with your hands. When you can make a ball that stays together it is ready to put in the mold.
  5. Grease your mold or ice cube tray and press the mixture firmly into each space. Leave for at least 2 days.
  6. When dry, remove carefully and place in an airtight container or bag. This is when you can add a face and other details to make snowmen.
  7. Enjoy!

In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and the olive oil until it is the consistency of pastry dough. Add the fragrance oil, mix until evenly distributed.

Craftbits0 found this helpful

Combine the dry ingredients in bowl and stir until well mixed. Next... Drizzle in the almond oil and stir until mixture is moistened. Add more oil and fragrance and stir until well mixed.

My bath bombs did not harden in 24 hours. How can I make them harden?

By Nedy

Answers

Bath bombs are neat and really make great gifts.
It is difficult to really diagnose what caused your bombs to not hardened but maybe if you review some instructions on how to make them you may see what you could have done wrong.

https://www.soa  estions-answers/

My bath bomb already hardened completely in about six hours does is still have to dry for 24 hours

Can I put my bath bombs in the oven to speed up the drying process? What temperature would I use? How long?

By RV from Ontario

Answers

What is a bath bomb?

<b>Editor's Note:</b> Here you go : http://en.wikip  g/wiki/Bath_bomb

Anonymous

I've read that you can, on several sites.
Preheat oven to 170° (no higher!) And bake for up to 45 minutes.

Make sure your baking vessel of choice is oven safe, before you proceed!!!
I'm making bath bombs tonight and will be trying out the oven drying method for the first time. Will update with my results, tomorrow.

Does anyone know how to make cupcake bath bombs and also I am looking for a recipe for they resemble jello jigglers but they are for your bathtub. You scent them, color them and drop one in the tub for a nice bath.

Fruity6 from Cleveland, Ohio

Answers

Does anyone have a recipe for "cupcake bath bombs"? They are bath fizzies in a shape of a cupcake. I bought some, but would like to make as gifts. They are made in muffin pans and use muffin liners. Thanks for any help!

Dana from Newkensington, PA

Answers:
RE: Cupcake Bath Bombs
Post by SL Edens
Hi Dana!! Here's a page with some recipes. You can key "Make your own bath bombs" in the search engine and come up with other sites, too. Have fun! http://www.teachsoap.com/bombs.html

By Dani (Guest Post)

http://www.craf  p?topic=53178.20

Reply #22 is the recipe and technique. Go to the beginning of the thread for a picture. Good luck!

By Anne-Marie (Guest Post)

http://soap-que  nstructions.html

has instructions on making frosted bath bomb cupcakes.

I am making bath bombs. What do I use to colour them? I want to use a natural product.

Answers

There are a lot of natural ways to do this. Try beet root powder or carrots ground raw. Cinnamon also works well but might cause skin irritation to some.

Try Annatto for yellow, Turmeric for orange, cocoa powder for brown, cinnamon for light brown, parsley for green.

Hi again. Well I made the homemade bath bombs, but they are not fizzy. Here are the ingredients I used: 1 part citric acid, 2 parts bicarbonate of soda, colour, and essential oil (a few drops), also 1 part Epsom salts. The problem is they are crumbly and breaking up. I have left them over 24hrs now and still the same. Can anyone help? Many thanks.

Helen xx

By helen from U.K

Answers

Go to soapqueen.com she has videos where you can learn how to make "Bath Bombs". I never heard of using Epsom salt in bath bombs before. Have fun.

I don't know anything about bath bombs, but if you are mixing citric acid and bicarbonate of soda, you should be getting a chemical reaction, fizzing. When you pop them in water, that is. What is holding these things together?

I love making bath bombs and have made quite a few batches in the past month. Just recently I noticed that when my bath bomb is fizzing, there are a lot of little yellowish-whitish lumps showing. I have no idea what they are. They look really gross like warts. I'm thinking maybe it's the food colouring because I only made 2 batches with food colouring and both of them had this problem.

The other 2 batches I made were perfect! Also, I noticed that instead of floating on the water like they should, they sink down to the bottom of the tub! I really want to have my own soap and cosmetics business and sell at craft fairs and stuff so please reply! Thank you.

By Liv

Answers

Soapqueen.com will answer any questions you have. www.soapqueen.com/

How do I make bath bombs?

By j

Answers

Citric acid
Cornstarch
Essential oils
Sweet almond oil
Food coloring

1. In a mixing bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of citric acid. Mix well.

2. When there are no more lumps, add 1/4 C baking soda to the mixture. Stir until you have a very dry, dough-like consistency.

3. In a second bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of sweet almond oil with 3-4 drops of food coloring.

4. Next, add 1/4 teaspoon of your essential oil for scent.

5. Very slowly and carefully add your oil, food coloring, and essential oil mixture to the first bowl that has the dry dough mixture. Blend everything very well.

6. Lay out a piece of wax paper, and using your hands, roll the mixture into balls that are smaller than golf balls. Anything bigger may not dry thoroughly, which can make a mess!

7. Place your bath bomb balls on wax paper and let them dry for several hours in a warm and dry place. After that, you will need to move them to an open box or plastic container to dry for several days before you package them up.

TIP: The drying time is very important. No one wants a gooey bomb!

8. Once the drying is completed, put your bombs in any sort of decorative container for storage. Some people wrap them in cellophane to give as treats, the rest is up to you! Just be sure to let them dry, don't get in a hurry to finish them up!

These bath bombs combine two popular scents, citrusy lemon and relaxing peppermint. Make some of them for yourself and prepare to be pampered.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Homemade bath bombs are a fun, to make and give, gift for a friend on Valentine's day or any special occasion. This is a page about homemade Valentine's Day bath bombs.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Bath bombs need to be stored in a dry place or at least in an airtight container. Some consumers even keep them in the freezer. The moisture in your bathroom is not good for them. This is a page about storing bath bombs.

If your bath bombs are cracking after they have dried there are several reasons that this might be happening. Too much moisture or humidity in the air might be the culprit, likewise, if they have dried too quickly, cracking can also occur. This is a page about bath bombs cracking after they've dried.

Sometimes your ingredients may need a bit of an adjustment if the bath bombs you are making are too hard and flakey after drying. This is a page about a fix for bath bombs that are hard and flakey.

If you are making homemade bath bombs and they won't harden it can be frustrating. This is a page about homemade bath bombs won't harden.

Bath bombs are a fun craft to make for yourself or as a gift. This is a page about making bath bombs at home.

Crafts Bath & Beauty BathApril 18, 2012
🌻
📓
🎂