Making Cheesecake in a Pie Pan

I am making a cheesecake and I don't have a springform pan. Can I use a pie pan?

By Laurel

It depends on the type of cheesecake you're making Laurel. What does your recipe call for?

Real Cheesecakes such as the New York Cheesecake will need a round or square pan with sides at least 2" tall and the diameter called for in your recipe. You can get by with using a round or square pan without having the convenience of being able to remove it as you do from a spring form pan

If you're making one of the Jello type cheesecakes that require no baking at all other than maybe to set the "crust", then I don't think it matters at all. A pie tin will work just as well as anything. You will need to pay attention to the size to make sure it's large enough to hold the filling.

I would in any case, follow as closely as possible to what your recipe tells you to use for the best results.

Hope this helps.

You could use a pie pan, but I wouldn't try to put it on another plate when it is done and cooled.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking PastriesJune 20, 2011
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
frying pan birdbath
Making a Birdbath from a Frying Pan
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume
Black Bottom Cheesecake
Black Bottom Cheesecake Recipes