Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe

Category Cheesecake
Adding pineapple to a favorite cheesecake recipe or finding one specifically using pineapple will help you make a delicious variation on the traditional cheesecake dessert. This is a guide about pineapple cheesecake recipe.

I need to find a cheesecake recipe that has a pineapple layer between the cheesecake filling and the graham cracker crumb bottom.

Caroline from West Islip, NY

Answers

Best Answer

I found this in a search for pineapple cheesecake, which sounds like what you were originally asking about a cheesecake with a layer of pineapple b/t the cream cheese and the crust. Hope this helps.

Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe
Mix 1 cup sugar with 2 cans crushed pineapple in heavy syrup in a pot. Heat with 3 tablespoons cornstarch. Bring to a boil, stirring until thickened. Turn off and remove from heat while mixing cream cheese mixture.

Mix 2-8oz bars cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons salt. Mix in 4 eggs and stir well. Add 1 cup milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla.

Spread pineapple mixture into a pie shell lined 13X9 pan. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of that. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.

Bake in preheated oven at 400°F for 10 minutes, then turn down to 325 degrees for 50 minutes more.

Years ago, I had written and made many times a recipe for a "Pineapple Cheesecake", the recipe came from a bag of Gold Medal Flour. The base of the cake was actually a cake batter made from scratch with the chunks of pineapples placed into the batter, it used cream cheese with some of the pineapple juice.

If anyone has this recipe, I would greatly appreciate a copy of it, I have moved several times over the years and in the moves lost this really tasty cheesecake.

Hope someone out there can help.

Thanks so much,
Nancylee from Southeastern, Massachusetts

Answers:

Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe

Have you checked on copycatrecipes.com? They have many recipes. (03/25/2007)

By Ariela

Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe

I have a similar recipe. We call it Sunshine Cake (I hope it is comparable to yours...it is quite yummy!) Here is our recipe:

Sunshine Cake

Cake:

• 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 medium can mandarin oranges (do not drain)
    Mix ingredients and bake in a greased/floured 9x13 pan at 325 for 45 minutes. Allow cake to completely cool before applying topping.

Topping:

• 1 (20oz) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
  • 1 TBSP sugar
  • 1 (10 oz) package of cheesecake mix (do not use the graham cracker crust part - I've always used the Royal brand)
  • 1 (9oz) container Cool whip
  • 1 (8oz) container of sour cream
  • Mix and spread on completely cooled cake. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve and return to refrigerator upon serving. (03/26/2007)

By CrystalinWV

Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe

Thank you CrystalinWV for your recipe for the Sunshine Cake, I have copied and pasted it to my word program, it sounds so delicious, I believe I will make this for Easter Sunday. A nice and tasty dessert for my company.
    Once again, thank you so much and take good care.
    Nancylee52 (03/26/2007)

By Nancy Dias

Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe

Thank you Ariela for the Sunshine Cake Recipe, it is not quite like the cheesecake I remember making, but, it sounds so delicious and I will be making this for a dessert for Easter Sunday. Thank you once again and take good care.

Nancylee52 (03/26/2007)

By Nancy Dias

Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe

INGREDIENTS

• 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1 3/4 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
  • DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar together. Stir in 1 can of pineapple and whipped topping to cream cheese mixture. Mix until smooth.
    2. Pour mixture into crust and top with other can of pineapple. Cover and chill for 2 hours.

(03/26/2007)

By Adele

Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe

I hope this is what you were hoping to find :)

PINEAPPLE CHEESECAKE SQUARES BY GOLD MEDAL FLOUR:

• 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup Dole® Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
  • 1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 can (20 ounces) Dole Crushed Pineapple, well drained (reserve 1 cup juice)
  • Ad

• 1/2 cup whipping cream
  • Heat oven to 350°. Bake crust* (SEE BELOW). Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until smooth and fluffy; beat in 1/2 cup sugar and the eggs. Stir in 2/3 cup pineapple juice. Pour cream cheese mixture over hot crust. Bake just until center is set, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.

Mix flour and 1/4 cup sugar in 2-quart saucepan. Stir in 1 cup reserved pineapple juice. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; fold in pineapple. Cool completely. Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl until stiff. Fold into pineapple mixture. Spread carefully over dessert. Cover loosely and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours. Cut into about 3-inch squares. 12 squares.

*CRUST:

• 2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped and toasted
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • Ad

Mix all ingredients in medium bowl with fork until crumbly. Press firmly and evenly in bottom of ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Bake until set, 15 to 20 minutes. (04/03/2007)

By Laura

Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe

Thank you tismom for the Pineapple cheesecake recipe, it is not exactly the same, actually, it sounds like it is a "Better Version" of the one I was in search of. I will definitely try your recipe and again, thanks so much for the recipe, I can't wait to make it. It sounds so delicious.
    Take good care.
    Nancylee (04/03/2007)

By Nancylee

Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe

You're welcome, Nancylee. I have always been a collector of recipes and recipe books... well, not always, but since I first got married 26 years ago, because I was always calling my mom for advice on cooking. I had never made complete meals before due to lack of interest. So, my mom starting buying recipe books for me, and even gave me some of her old ones. That's when I started adding to them through the years, and love browsing through them for ideas.
    Enjoy! (04/03/2007)

By Laura

Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe

I want to thank everyone who responded to my posting for the "Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe", all the recipes are truly worth a try and I shall make everyone of them, not all at once, but, for different occasions whether here at home or if I am invited over to friends and family for a dinner get together. It is always nice to bring a dessert or some sort of a dish to say "Thank You."
    Thanks again everyone for your recipes.
    Take good care,
    Nancylee (04/04/2007)

By Nancylee