Pineapple Delight I
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- 1 can of 20 oz Dole crushed pineapple (use juice)
- 1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
Mix all the ingredients together except the wafers. Line 1 1/2 quart dish with 1/2 vanilla wafers.
Pour half of the mixture over the wafers then add another layer of wafers and top with rest of mix.
Best if chilled overnight.
By Willene from Canton, GA
Pineapple Delight II
- 2 cups of crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews or walnuts
- 20 oz can of crushed pineapple
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of whipped cream
Place 1/2 of crushed crumbs in bottom of an 8 inch square pan. Blend butter or margarine and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one a time, beating well. Spread the mixture over the crumbs. Sprinkle with nuts and the drained crushed pineapple. Whip cream until is stands in peaks. Spread on top of pineapple. Cover with remaining crumbs. Chill at least four hours before cutting.
Source: Ladies Auxiliaries Cookbook
By Raymonde from North Bay, Ontario