Making Clothespin Dolls
Clothes pins have long been a starting point for making many different craft projects. This is a guide about making clothespin dolls
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Make your own miniature doll characters to put in any doll house, book shelf, or just as a gift to someone special!
Approximate Time: a few hours
- thin bendable wire
- air-dry clay
- fabric glue
- acrylic paint
- fine point paint brush
- cotton yarn
- Take your clothespin and drill a small hole below the "head" approximately where the shoulder should be.
- Thread the wire through the hole until you get the length you want for the arms, then clip with wire cutters.
- Take a small bit of clay and mold around each "arm" and let dry.
- Paint flesh colored paint on head and arms, and paint face on with small paint brush. ( You could also use a fine point Sharpie pen if you don't feel comfortable with a paint brush.)
- Cut out small pieces of fabric and glue onto doll according to the type of outfit you want the doll to have.
- Add any lace trims or embellishments you want .
- You can now add the kind of hair you want for your doll braiding the yarn, or gluing it on the head and twisting it in a bun etc. (or, you can use the air dry clay to shape a hairstyle, glue it on the head, then paint the hairdo the color you want.
- If you want your doll to stand, you can use a small ball of clay, stick the feet in to it, then press and glue it on a small flat disk.
By Debbie from Fisher, IL Read 7 Comments
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:16:34 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us