Making Dollhouses

Category Toys
Dollhouse
Hours of fun can be had with a miniature house for dolls. This guide is about making dollhouses.

A large cardboard box can be rescued in a myriad of ways. Making a dollhouse from a leftover box is a perfect way to use it again. This is a guide about making cardboard box dollhouses .

A pile of cardboard boxes.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I'm looking for plan or patterns for dollhouses for my 3 year old. I want to make a dollhouse myself for my daughter - a challenge for me. And hopefully fun for her. I'd be grateful for any help anyone can give. Thanks,

Donna in New Zealand

Here are a couple sites I found. They may or may not be what yu are looking for. I went to google.com and typed in (b)how to make a dollhouse

So you may want to try the search as well to see if you find something to better suit your needs! HTH!

http://www.ehow  d-dollhouse.html

http://www.diyn  89_25259,00.html

http://web.diyn  umber=&Show=

HELLO DONNA,

GO TO http://www.LOWES.COM , OR http://www.HOMEDEPT.COM ,THEY BOTH HAVE PLANS FOR ALL SORTS OF THINGS..IF YOU DON'T FIND WHAT YOU WANT WRITE TO ME AGAIN ! OKAY??

GOOD LUCK !

~OOO~

If you are good with a saw and nails and hammer good for you! but if not here is a suggestion for an easy doll house. Find an old wooden bookcase and put a triangle of wood on top of it for an attic if you divide the shelves in half you will have two rooms per shelf. Then decorate to your hearts content. You could even put feet on it to get it up off the floor or get a lazy susan for the bottom so she can turn it around when not being played with. Or wheels so you can put it away easily. Hope this helps.

If your daughter is into crafts, she could help you make this. All you ahve to do is find old things from around the house such as socks, yard, egg cartons, boxes, and old materials. All you have to do is take the box and glue down an old piece of fabric to cover the bottom completley. If you want you can draw a few windows and poke a hole at the corner of your window and cut them out. What makes a really cute couch for the house is to cut out one little piece of the egg cartonr and flip it so that it looks like a little bowl and then cut a piece of fabric and set it on top and then for a throw you can cut a 4 by 1 piece of fabric and toss it over the side. You can get a piece of cardbord and draw any piece of furniture flat and cut it out and fold at the legs. once you've gotten every piece of furniture and stuff, you can ask your 3 year-old to decorate the walls with whatever she wants. Add any little thing that you want and you're done! If you want a cute little pet, you can draw one and cut it out and glue it to the wall. If you want a fishbowl, you could make a cardboard table and out that put it against the wall and then draw a fish bowl and then glue that to the wall. Hope you have fun!

I am looking for a crocheted dollhouse patttern that was in Crochet Magazine, I believe, a few years ago, which I have since lost. If anyone has it please email me at pamkay414 AT yahoo.com. Thanks

Houseworks has a good book by Garth Close. It has three styles Victorian, Colonial, and Georgian all using the same back just the fronts are different and the instructions are easy to follow. I got mine from www.Miniatures.com

I've just discovered those wonderful printables for dollhouses. I would like to know what adhesives and sealers to use with the paper flooring.

Pat from Cumberland, MD

Could I ask a question - where do you get the printables from? What are they - something you can get online? Thank you

http://www.printmini.com

it is called jims printable minis.

at least that is the one i use. or will be using.

How can I make a homemade dollhouse window box for flowers?

By Janice from Wheaton, MD

Materials to make a simple wooden storage or window display box in dolls house scale.

.To Make The Dollhouse Storage Box You Will Need:

Stripwood I used 1/2 inch by 1/16 inch basswood. Use harder woods if you can find them (jelutong, limewood, mahogany). The planter shown used 3 pieces cut 2 inches long for the sides and base, and two pieces cut 5/8 inch for the ends. If you want to store particular items in your box, make sure the box is wide enough and long enough on the inside to take them, you may need to use wider stock if you need a wider box.

Wood Glue You can use PVA (white glue) if you don't have wood glue, but wood glue will form a stronger, more watertight bond.

Craft Knife You need one with a fine tip for the cutout hearts.

Craft Saw or you can use a Stripwood Cutter

Miniature Drill The size of the drill bit will determine the size of the lobes of your hearts and the curve of the handle on the end of the box. Use one that is close to the size of the end of your round file.

Miniature FilesYou will need a straight sided flat file, a round or oval file, and a tapered flat file (a pointed metal nail file can be substituted for the flat file and the tapered file if necessary)

Sandpaper Use a fine grit, 220 or finer.

Glue Spreader or flat toothpick.

Wood Finish or Paint If you want to finish the wood for your box. Good luck.