Making Homemade Paper

Category Paper Making
Homemade Paper
Making homemade paper is a fun project that even children can get involved in. This is a guide about making homemade paper.

I just had to share my technique for making my own decorative paper. All you need is copy paper (white or colour), pencil crayons or markers, and craft glue (glitter, white, 3D paint, etc.). I cut my sheets into squares from 3X3 to 5X5 inches for my projects before I colour them. All you have to do now is let loose like you're back in kindergarten! Colour your sheets with whatever you have - markers, paint, pencil crayons, or dye. I like to apply different colours in layers. Then I apply a thin layer of craft glue on the sheets using a spatula or spreader (Note: if you're using paint, let it dry before applying the glue). Depending on the type of glue, you can get some spectacular results! Just remember to place the sheets in a safe place to dry.

Source: You can find samples of my paper and my signature paper roses on Picasa. The link is http://picasaweb.google.com/ALantain

By Angela from Sault Ste Marie, ON

I have started paper making, but I have not been able to find out how to use natural plant fibers for the slur. I would appreciate it, if you could help me.

I love your idea about seed tapes.

Marietta from Saskatchewan, Canada