Simple Paper Bag Tassel Bow Gift Topper
If you have a brown paper bag there is no need for traditional gift wrapping paper. Learn how to make this cute, economical paper bag tassel bow gift topper for your paper bag wrapped present.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
The only rolls of wrapping paper I have in our household are Christmas themed and it's from years and years ago! I no longer purchase wrapping paper because it's a waste of money. There are other methods for wrapping gifts and gift giving.
You can recycle a paper bag for this wrapped gift. Plus you can use the scraps to create a bow and tassels as a gift topper. This project only cost 10 cents (for the paper bag) and items I am sure you already have at home!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- paper bag
- hot glue
- circular object, like a bottle cap
- glue stick
- If your paper bag has handles, gently remove and discard.
- Cut your paper bag so it is flat. Wrap your gift and cut off any excess paper.
- To make your tassels, you will need two pieces of the same measurement. Size varies depending on how small or big you want your tassels to be, but my measurements are 4.5" wide x 2 1/4" high.
- Using scissors snip toward the top, but don't cut through. Repeat with the other piece.
- Individually roll the strips of paper around a pencil until you reach the end. Secure tassel with tape at the top.
- Using thin twine, apply tape to one end to make it easier to thread the twine through the tassels. Thread through both tassels and tie a knot.
- To make your bow, I used a strip of 8" in length by 3/4" in height. Touch both edges of the paper and put tape underneath the bow.
- Now you want to use a circular object (or freehand) then cut out to create definition to your bow.
- Cut a little rectangle to glue onto the bow for the center.
- Ready to lay out the tassel and bow onto your gift to see where you want to secure everything down. Once you figure out a position, secure knotted tassels down. Then hot glue bow down.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.