Making Tissue Paper Flower Bows
If you are looking for an alternative to the traditional ribbon gift bow, consider making tissue paper flower bows. Learn how on this page.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Don't have a bow? You can make a simple one or a couple with tissue paper. Tissue paper flower bows will make a cute accent to any gift you're going to give!
Total Time: 35 minutes
- tissue paper
- cellophane paper
- Cut tissue paper into squares. I used 10 pieces of tissue paper per flower bow. (More or less depending on how full you want your flower bow to be and what size your bow is).
- Staple the center of the stack of squares once, then again creating a plus sign.
- Trace or freehand a circle and cut out.
- Cut half inch or so slits all around the circle.
- Begin to scrunch each layer and puff up until you're out of tissue paper and you have formed a flower.
- Repeat same concept with any other tissue paper you want. I just cut assorted squares, but same concept.
- I wrapped gift (shoes) with leftover cellophane paper.
- Position tissue paper flower bows and secure down with tape. Optional: Added a little Happy Birthday tag.
August 24, 20181 found this helpful
These turned out great!
August 27, 20180 found this helpful
Thank you! :)