Tying Bows

A nice bow is a perfect way to finish decorating a present for a loved one. Use these ideas for tying bows on the next present you wrap.

Please advise me on how to tie a flat bow.

By Joyce from Roseville, NSW Australia

Answers

There is a whole guide on ThriftyFun that has different ways to make bows.

https://www.thr  rative-Bows.html

I need to know how to tie a neat bow for Christmas, decorating, just simple regular bow. Some step by step instructions would be great.

Michelle from OK

Answers:

Tying Bows

Here's a great link with instructions for tying bows:

containerstore.com

There are more links on the site for other bows and gift wrapping instructions.

By Susan from ThriftyFun (12/03/2006)

Tying Bows

If you get the ribbon (comes in varying widths) with the wire in the edges, you can make the bow part larger and then bend it however you like and it makes it look like a larger bow than it is. (12/04/2006)

By Jane

Tying Bows

How about a simple bow like this. I got the fabric from the Dollar store. I folded the fabric with equal sides and tied it in a bow just like I do my shoe laces. One end will end up shorter and it will hang beautifully. (12/06/2006)

By danig1000

RE: Tying Bows

My mother showed me how to tie a perfect bow years ago and just can't remember. Hers looked just like the ones on the trees you see in department store windows. Can anybody help me?

Darla

Answers:

Tying Bows

You can wire them in the middle rather than tying them. That's what designers do. Or, twist the second loop over so right side shows as you are pulling it thru the hole, but I really recommend tying it in the middle with a wire, then using that wire to attach it to tree, package, what ever. (12/10/2004)

By Linda