Making a Felt Bow
Felt is an easy material to use in bow making. This is a guide shows you how to make a felt bow.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I decided on the name because this looks exactly like a bow you would buy in a store! It goes together in only a few minutes, with perfect results every time. This is my new all-time fave bow now.
You could attach them to gifts, glue a barrette to the back and use as a hair bow, make a garland, anything! Just make one, you will love it.:)
Total Time: 10 minutes
Source: Pinterest Inspired
- glue gun
- pen or marker
- measuring tape
- Cut a piece of felt measuring 2 1/2'' tall and 4 1/2'' long. This is the far right piece.
- Cut another piece of felt 1 1/2'' tall and 6'' long. This is the far left piece.
- You will take your 6'' long piece and cut notches in each end like so.
- You will then fold it in half, cutting a small slit to mark the centers on each side.
- Now you have something to center your middle notches on.
- Cut a final piece 2'' tall and 1/2'' long. This is the bottom piece.
- Gather your 4 1/2'' long piece in the center.
- Add the notched piece centered directly below.
- Wrap your tiny strip around both and hot glue.
- All done!
February 3, 20163 found this helpful
Use clean new felt to make a bow pretty enough to buy in a store. Learn how to make them in this short video.
In This Guide