Making Homemade Tear-Off Notepads

Recycle scrap paper by cutting it into same size pieces (use a paper cutter), then stack the paper evenly. Tap the top edge that you will glue, to make sure it is as even as possible. Clip with binder clips to hold secure, then using Elmer's Rubber Cement, coat the top edge of your note pad.

I use the spring type binder clips to hold it near the glued part. Once dry, repeat several times until it is quite secure. You can also add a piece of heavy cardboard to the back of the note pad.

The first time it is trial and error until you get the knack.

By Syd

Answers:

Making Homemade Tear-Off Notepads

I have been doing this for years and it pays to have uniform size notepads that can be carried easily in one's shirt pocket. For ease of use I bend the loose paper in the middle after tamping down the bottom edge. By holding your thumb on the shifted paper on the bottom edge a 45 degree angle top and bottom can be obtained. This allows flipping the pages easily and also folding them back. I use "tacky glue" (Aleen's) which remains flexible. Riffling the glue application tool through the top edge helps to distribute the glue. Binder clips on both ends of the glued portion hold the 45 into place until it has dried.

3x4 inches is an optimum size for a shirt pocket pad and you can scribble without guilt considering the cost. I have found that a baby wipe box is a good file box if you intend to save these pads. (07/23/2007)

By Frank

Photo of homemade notepads.
Making Homemade Notepads
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
CD Notepad
Making a Recycled CD Notepad
tear in right triangle piece on quilt
Repairing a Tear in a Quilt Block
White cat looking up at the camera.
Removing Tear Stains on White Cats
🎉
🎄