Making Jelly From Juice?

I was given several free bottles of Juicy Juice with no sugar added and was wondering if I can make jelly for Christmas gifts, any recipes? I do have 3 boxes of Surejell ready for use also. I have made jelly from fresh fruit but never from bottled juice. Please help! I am currently unemployed and money is tight but I still want to give some gifts of love. All help will be appreciated.

Mary from Brownstown, IL

Answers:

Making Jelly From Juice?

Have you looked in the boxes of Sure Jell for instructions? When I wanted to make pepper jelly I looked all over for a recipe to do it and there was a recipe right in the box. (12/13/2006)

By dpcw

Making Jelly From Juice?

I'm sure you can use most juices. Several years ago I made grape jelly from grape juice and it was the easiest jelly I ever made. Your Sure-Jell will give you the measurements and directions. It's a lovely idea and I'm sure your recipients will be pleased. Merry Christmas! (12/14/2006)

By SalTCBug

Making Jelly From Juice?

Here's a thrifty hint I learned from a friend. When you peel apples for pies or whatever, scrub them really good first, then put all the peels and the cores into a large pan (minus any bad spots, of course). Cover with water (careful not to use too much) and put on to cook. Once it comes to a boil, lower heat and simmer for a couple of hours. Strain, throw out the peels, and use the "juice" to make apple jelly. (12/15/2006)

By susanmajp

Making Jelly From Juice?

Try this link: http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/grapejelly.htm

I've made jelly from this recipe and it turned out really well. (12/15/2006)

Making Jelly From Juice?

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my question. I have since just tried my own recipe and the one I came up with was pretty good. I am new at writing recipes but here it is none-the-less.

The ingredients I used are:
1-46 oz. bottled juice * 1 Box Sure-jell pectin * 1-Tb.+ 1-tsp. lemon juice * 8 1/2 cups sugar * 1/2 tsp. margarine

Take one 46 oz. jar of any juice & put on medium high heat till it starts to boil. Add all the lemon juice (I used bottled). Bring to a rolling boil stirring occasionally. Then pour in one box of Sure-jell pectin and the margarine and stir often to prevent sticking. In separate bowl measure out 8 1/2 cups sugar, and set aside. When the juice comes to a full and constant rolling boil, add sugar all at once. Stir to dissolve the sugar and stir very often until it comes back to a full rolling boil that can't be stirred down. Then time for one minute stirring constantly. After one minute take off stove & fill 6-12 oz. jelly jars and put in water bath for 10 minutes.

I made this jelly a few days ago and so far it looks fine and has set to a medium firm stage.

Feel free to use this recipe, and hope for the best. Your results may be different than mine.
I know my friends and family will enjoy it. The samples I took from each batch I made tasted great.
Wishing all a great & safe holiday season. May God be with you all. (12/16/2006)

By Mary from Brownstown,IL

Making Jelly from Fruit Juice
Making Jelly from Fruit Juice
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
A glass of orange juice.
Saving Money on Juice
Orange Jelly (or marmalade) in a glass bowl with a clear plastic spoon of jelly laying across the top
Frozen Orange Juice Jelly Recipe
🎄