Making Paper Turkey Hats
A fun, simple craft for the kids to make around the Thanksgiving holiday. This guide is about making paper turkey hats
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A few craft feathers makes this a fun project to make and wear.
Approximate Time 30 - 45 minutes
- construction paper - brown, yellow, orange
- craft feathers
- craft glue
- cellophane tape (optional)
- wiggle (google) eyes
- scrap of red tissue paper
- poster board strip, 2 x 18"
- Cut a half circle of orange paper. Tape or glue craft feathers along the back of the curved edge.
- Cut a smaller half circle from yellow paper. Tape or glue craft feathers along the back of the curved edge. Glue this yellow half circle to the orange half circle.
- Draw and cut a turkey head and body shape from brown paper. Glue this to the front of the feathered half circles. Draw and cut orange turkey feet and glue them to the bottom of the body.
- Glue wiggle eyes to the turkey's head.
- Draw and cut a diamond shape from yellow paper. Fold this in half to make the beak. Glue the back of the beak to the turkey head, just below the eyes.
- Cut a small strip of red tissue paper. Crunch it up a little with your fingers and glue one end of it to the turkey head above the beak.
- Glue the turkey to the center of your poster board strip and allow the glue to dry. When it dries. fit the strip to the child's head and staple in place. Trim off excess posterboard.
By Marie E. Cecchini from West Dundee, ILRead 1 Comment
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:06:33 AM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us