Making Spool Dolls
Thread spools can be reused to create something new. This guide is about making spool dolls.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
This sweet little girl will sit at your desk or on your monitor.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- fabric, choice of color
- small mesh hat
- 1 round wood bead - 3/4 inch, with face or draw your own
- 2 round wood beads - 1/2 inch
- 2 round wood beads - 3/8 inch
- 7 wood spools - 5/8 inch
- 1 wood spool - 1.25 inch
- jute cord
- thin ribbon
- small animal for her to hold
- doll hair
- hot glue
- Cut a 6 inch circle from fabric, gather in center so it fans out as a dress. You can glue half of a small doily to the front as an apron if you'd like as I did in picture.
- Hot glue a 5/8 inch spool to the underside of dress at center. Glue the large spool to this spool, off centered a bit. She will sit on this spool.
- Cut an 8 inch length of jute and fold to form legs. Glue to top of large spool at the fold.
- String 2 small spools and a 1/2 inch round wood bead on each piece of jute. Tie at ends as shown in picture.
- Cut another piece of jute 8 inches and glue to top of dress at center forming arms. String 1 small spool and a 3/8 inch wood bead to each side, tie the ends of the jute.
- Glue hair then the hat. Yarn can be used for hair if needed. Make a small bow and glue to her neck.
- Glue the animal to the tip of each of her hands. A small book can be used also. If you'd like you can add wings and make her an angel.
By Myst from Muncie, IN
0 found this helpful
Where can you get small spools, 1/2 inch long for making tiny spool dolls?
January 13, 20140 found this helpful
Check out craft stores like AC Moore or Michaels. I got mine from there to make Christmas trees in small and medium spools.
ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
More to Explore
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on July 28, 2016 at 11:06:32 PM on 10.0.0.176 in 980 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us