Making Your Arm Hair Lighter

Category Hair Tips
Sometimes individuals with dark arm hair, women in particular, often would like to lighten it to diminish its appearance. This is a guide about making your arm hair lighter.

I have gross black arm hairs! I hate it. In the past I have bleached and shaved. I'd just like to get them bleached very blonde. I've seen hirsuite Spanish girls with beautiful glistening blonde hairy arms. I know.. somehow they bleach. I've done Sally Hansen, left it on for even 1/2 hr., with little results. I've even bleached 3 days in row; only to achieve a light brown color. The was followed by peroxide and online recipes. I won't shave or wax and look like a 'Barbie doll'. My arm hairs are very fine, and I think they would easily bleach. Please, please help.

Is there any home method for lightening body hair? For example, if you have really dark arm hair, and want to lighten it. Is there anything simple and quick (and risk-free) to use for lightening you hair?

By epiclykyla from Boston, MA

I don't know about lightening arm hair, but trimming with scissors works wonders, as do Nair wax strips.

You can buy a body hair lightener/bleach at the drug store or WalMart, my daughter, who has a lot of dark hair on her arms has done this for years. She used to wax, but got tired of doing that, so she just started bleaching the hair. Good Luck!

I haven't tried this on body hair but it works on my hair. Lemon juice and sun. AKA="sun in" No need to purchase it at the store, just apply and then sun bathe.

Jolen is a brand of hair lightners that works well,so does Sally Hansen. They are found in

WalMart, all drug stores and safe and easy to use.

I just bleached my arm hair with Hydrogen Peroxide. How long will this process take in order to make the hair completely unnoticeable?

By Lovey

Get a big box of Jolen cream bleach for the body (versus the face). It's cheap. Just be sure to follow the directions and rinse it off very well with cool water afterward (say, stick your arm under the bathtub faucet for a while). One application should last the whole summer if you do it now. Do one arm at a time and reuse the mix for the second arm. This is becoming less of a problem for me as I grow older, but the cream always worked very well. Good luck!

I used actually Sally Hansen Cream Bleach it worked so well, even tho I have to lighten my arm hair every 6 weeks. it makes it blonde and beautiful.

As you continue using it your black hair will come back faster.

I have really dark arm hair. I need a homemade recipe that will lighten it without using sun. I tried the lemon juice recipe but I think I did it wrong because my hair isn't getting lighter. I would prefer if it was something that would lighten my hair really quickly.

Sarah from Seattle, WA

Answers:

Making Your Arm Hair Lighter?

Have you considered waxing? Or a diluted hydrogen peroxide solution? (03/27/2008)

By luvmygingerkids

Making Your Arm Hair Lighter?

You could also check a beauty supply store to purchase salon-quality peroxide, which is the main ingredient used in hair lighteners. (03/27/2008)

By Vix

Making Your Arm Hair Lighter?

I, too, have real dark arm hair on very pale skin. I have shaved my arm hair for forty years. Contrary to much silly advice about hair growth, it has never given me bristly stubble, or made more hair grow. I tried waxing, and hair removal creams, but shaving did a much better job, for less money, and it took less time!

Be brave, and try it on one little spot if you are worried about it. My best wishes to a fellow sufferer! (03/28/2008)

By Londa

Making Your Arm Hair Lighter?

The only thing that would lighten your hair real quick is cream bleach. It bleaches in a maximum of 15 mins. Do a patch test first and if it suits you, then always get one for sensitive skin; less chances of getting any reaction. (03/28/2008)

By guddi

Making Your Arm Hair Lighter?

I've got 2 words for you; Hydrogen Peroxide. It's so cheap, and you can purchase a bottle of it from the chemist for under 3 dollars. Just pour some on your arm and blow dry it. But be careful, because it will temporarily bleach your hands for a couple of minutes. Don't panic! its normal. =]

Good luck! (04/06/2008)

By Jess

Making Your Arm Hair Lighter?

I use creme bleach. It also works miracles, but I notice that it's making more hair grow longer. The tip is light then the root is dark, or it may be just be me. Does anyone notice this? (04/19/2008)

Making Your Arm Hair Lighter?

Don't dye or lighten your arm hair. It's too much work and the ingredients in most dyes are really bad for your skin and toxic for your body. Instead, simply shave your arms like your legs. The hair will eventually grow back lighter and softer just like leg hair after shaving your legs for a while. If you are too afraid to shave your arms, wipe your arms with a cotton pad dipped in 3% peroxide. You can buy peroxide in any drug store for about 2 dollars, very cheap and effective. Peroxide is very safe--not harmful to skin or your body. (07/03/2008)

By Danni

Making Your Arm Hair Lighter?

Shave it. I have been doing it for 15 years. It makes me feel so much prettier and it does not grow back darker/coarser etc. It just grows back normal and I shave it again! :) (07/30/2008)

By Bridget

Making Your Arm Hair Lighter?

Oh Gosh. Please. A word from the wise: DON'T shave your arms unless you are sure. I have shaved my arms twice before in '07 and '08. I don't know why but for some reason I thought the second time I was ready to shave my arms. Nope. I freaked. It's not comfortable having the prickliness. And for those who do shave their arms and are happy with it, good for you.

I am one of the odd balls in my school that doesn't shave their arms, but I'd rather at least try to lighten it than live with thick prickly hair stubs on my arm and having to shave it all the time. (I'm trying to find a lightener as well.) I would also like to say after shaving your arms, it takes a good two months for it to fully grow out. (It was a nightmare.) I hope this helps to prevent you from making the mistake of shaving. (02/19/2009)

Making Your Arm Hair Lighter?

I literally just used hydrogen peroxide on my arms and it works like magic. It doesn't BLEACH but it does LIGHTEN. It's magic. But I don't know if I need to repeat the steps? (04/05/2010)

By lovey541

Does rubbing lemon juice on your arm or any hair make it lighter?

Twix from Matteson, IL

Making Your Arm Hair Lighter?

I used Sally Hansen's facial creme bleach... (10/21/2006)

By Paula

Making Your Arm Hair Lighter?

I used to use cream bleach. It worked well but it was a pain to use. One day I did not have time for bleach and I just shaved my arm hair off. I was surprised it took awhile to grow back. Arm hair does not seem to grow as fast as leg hair. I shave it while in the shower about every 2 weeks. It's fast and easy. Give it a try. (12/20/2006)

By joyann@clearwire.net