Making a Centerpiece Using Men's Ties

Category Centerpieces
Men's Ties
A custom decoration can be created with neckties. This guide is about making a centerpiece using men's ties.

I need suggestions for incorporating men's ties into table centerpieces. Thank you.

By Patricia from Bettendorf, IA

Best Answer

I've been thinking that if you use ties that aren't wearable anymore. You could make something like a large round placemat, by having the wide edge on the outside and using however much of the narrower part in the center, sew them together and then set whatever the rest of the centerpiece will be on it. Or you could even make something like a patchwork type table runner for each table.

Hmm. Interesting idea! It depends on if you want the ties to survive and be usable afterward. Or do you plan on purchasing some cheapie ties that can be cut if necessary? Let me know and then I can tell you what I'm thinking. Ladymadonna

I suggest to cut them in half & tie them as a bow tie to make a center piece, good luck.

I was thinking you could make simple accents as florists do with ribbon. You'll need wired floral picks to do this. At the skinny end of the tie, make one loop, say about 4" tall, scrunch the bottom and hold in place with your left fingers. Then bring the end of the tie up, and leave it pointing up. Wrap the parts of the tie you are scrunching with the wire from the pick, making sure the pick is tight against the fabric. Then you can just place these accents into the floral foam or whatever you're using as a base for your centerpiece. The pointed end of the the ties would look fantastic sticking up out of the arrangement.

I hope I've explained this sufficiently. I searched online for a photo, but couldn't find one.

Good luck!