Using Bread Ties for Labeling Cords

Category Miscellaneous
Save your bread ties for this ingenious way to organize the tangle of cords at your entertainment center or desk. This is a guide about using bread ties for labeling cords.

I hate when I go to unplug something because there are a bunch of unidentifiable cords plugged in. Many bread bags come with those little plastic ties to hold them shut. These will fit around almost any cord and can be written on with a Sharpie to help identify all of your cords. They are especially helpful with computer cords, so that you don't accidentally unplug the wrong one.

By lalala... from Port Orchard, WA

Top Comment

I love the idea of using the bread ties for cords. I also use them when I crochet. I usually have several projects going at the same time and switch the needles back and forth but sometimes forget what needle was being used for the gauge.

So I use the bread ties, write on them with a sharpie the needle number/letter and attach it to the article I am working on. That way when I go to crochet I just check to make sure what needle number/letter I was using. That way I don't have to buy multiple needles and can go back and forth on different projects.

Don't toss out bread tags! They can be used as a way to organize and keep your cords labeled and clear. No more digging around to figure out which wire goes to what.