Recycled Bread Tie People

Category Other
Get out the paints and markers and recycle your bread bag ties into cute little people. This is a guide about making recycled bread tie people.

This cute little craft is a great way to recycle and have fun at the same time. You can tie gifts with them or hook a bunch of pals on your shoelaces or pencils. Make some with your friends and trade!

Approximate Time: Time will vary

You can find these plastic ties on most loaves of bread and items such as rolls. They usually have print on one side and a solid color on the other.

1. If using a primer or gesso, paint the side that is printed on. Allow to dry completely. Do the same if using paints suitable for plastics.
  2. When your tags are dry, it's time to have fun!
    Use the pictures in this project or make some of your own. Use a mixture of some areas painted and some details with markers. You can write words, draw logos, or things like flowers. Or make zany creatures like the ones you see here.

You can attach them to the ends of pencils or hook them on your shoelaces. The tips of them looked like feet to me so I made mine into cute little creatures. Have fun and see what you can create!
  3. When done, coat each one with clear nail polish.

By Mary from FL

Those are simply wonderful! You are good at painting faces!

Those are so cute!

These are so cute! I use my ties for my crochet projects, since I have several projects going at the same time, I sometimes use a needle for different projects then find I have forgotten what needle I was using.

So I just write on the tag the size of the needles, i.e. H, J, K, I, etc. and attach it to the project so I know what needle to use when I go back to it.