DIY Floating Necktie Organizer
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
June 14, 2018
Upcycle your plastic bottles to make this virtually free gift for Father's Day. This is a thrifty way to organize your neckties using empty water bottle halves. You cannot see the water bottles, making a floating illusion. You can put the bottles and ties together in a circular manner to turn them into a decorative bouquet style organizer, or you can stack them in layers.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- empty plastic water bottles
- hot glue gun with glue (optional)
- Cut the empty water bottles in half. Reserve the tops for other uses or recycle.
- Dry out any moisture from the insides.
- Continue until you have enough for your desired organizer size.
- Roll your neckties very tightly from the skinny end.
- When you're nearing the wide end, roll right up against one side of the necktie to keep it looking tight.
- Stuff the rolled neckties halfway into the bottles.
- At this point, you can decide if you want to stack them into layers or make a bouquet. This is the layered version. If you want to glue them together, apply a bit of hot glue to the base of each water bottle, far from the inserted tie, then press together.
- For a bouquet organizer, place several ties together in a round. Glue bases together if desired.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.