Floating Island Punch
Make a cool refreshing fruit punch with floating islands of sherbet. This is a guide about floating island punch.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a pretty and fun punch for a party.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 20-30 servings
Source: Betty Crocker's New Good and Easy Cookbook, First Edition - Copyright 1962
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 oz) frozen concentrated lemon juice (lemonade)
- 3 cans (6 oz)frozen concentrated orange juice
- 1 qt Ginger Ale (1/2 of a 2 liter)
- 1 qt white grape juice or sparkling water
- 1 (4 oz) bottle maraschino cherries and juice
- 1 orange, sliced thin
- ice cubes
- 1 pt lemon or orange sherbet (about 1/4 of a carton)
- Heat sugar and water until sugar dissolves. Let it cool.
- Combine juice concentrate, ginger ale, juice (or sparkling water), and cherries with syrup in punch bowl Add ice cubes and orange slices.
- Drop in sherbet by spoonfuls or in small balls using an ice cream dipper. Serve immediately.