Making a Cardboard Holder for Scissors
Paper crafters in particular may have a large number and variety of scissors that they use in their craft. Finding a good way to store them and sewing scissors can be easy. This is a guide about making a cardboard holder for scissors.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I wanted a way to organize and store the specialty scissors used for trimming paper for scrap booking and other projects. I came up with the idea presented here.
Approximate Time: 1 to 2 hours
- recyclable corrugated cardboard
- cutting tools (craft knife, box cutter)
- band saw
- decorative elements
- First, cut corrugated cardboard into 4x4 inch squares.
- Use band saw if available, if not, use craft/box knife.
- Cut as many pieces as you need. My project required 3 pieces for each scissor, plus 2 end pieces.
- Glue pieces together with white glue. I added 4x4in. pieces of cardstock between every third piece as separators.
- Place end pieces on cube, then add weight to the cube and let dry for a few hours.
- Decorate the cube if desired, use colored paper, cloth, collage pictures from magazines, etc.
By Creativeman from Chatsworth CA
April 20, 20100 found this helpful
Wonderful idea! I loose my scissors nearly eve other day. Now I'll be able to find them & they will stay sharp too! Instead of building a holder, I will put several pairs of scissors in with all the knives.
April 21, 20100 found this helpful
Great idea! Maybe glue fabric remnants or decoupage pictures from magazines, etc. to dress it up the sides?
April 29, 20100 found this helpful
Great organizer but I have one question.How do you find the one edger you need/want?
May 11, 20100 found this helpful
What a great idea. I'll bet you always know where your scissors are. I think I'll make one of those. Thanks for a good tip.
September 17, 20120 found this helpful
This is a guide about making a scissors pouch or holder. Making a holder for your scissors is an easy, fun, and practical project even for the beginning crafter.