Making a Holder for Scissors

Paper crafters in particular may have a large number and variety of scissors that they use in their craft. Finding a good way to store them and sewing scissors can be easy. This is a guide about making a holder for scissors.

Scissor Holder
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

A holder made out of recycled cardboard for scissors or paper edgers.I wanted a way to organize and store the specialty scissors used for trimming paper for scrap booking and other projects. I came up with the idea presented here.

Approximate Time: 1 to 2 hours

• recyclable corrugated cardboard
  • cutting tools (craft knife, box cutter)
  • band saw
  • glue
  • cardstock
  • decorative elements

Instructions:

1. First, cut corrugated cardboard into 4x4 inch squares.

2. Use band saw if available, if not, use craft/box knife.

3. supplies

4. Cut as many pieces as you need. My project required 3 pieces for each scissor, plus 2 end pieces.

5. cutting scissor slots

6. Glue pieces together with white glue. I added 4x4in. pieces of cardstock between every third piece as separators.

7. gluing

8. Place end pieces on cube, then add weight to the cube and let dry for a few hours.

9. assembled holder

10. Decorate the cube if desired, use colored paper, cloth, collage pictures from magazines, etc.

By Creativeman from Chatsworth CA

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I purchased a set of pot holders from the Dollar Tree. You simply get out the hot glue gun. Fold one up 1/3 the way and glue the sides. Some of my glue oozed out, so I just stuck a purple rose on each end.

Pot holder folded up one third to make a note pad and pen holder.

I will be making kitchen scissor holders to hang on the wall for Christmas this year. You take a potholder, a regular sized one, and fold it to a cone shape like an ice cream cone. Then you sew a button (all the way through, it can't come unbuttoned or it is not safe) at the intersection of the cone at the top. Then you stitch straight across the bottom so the scissors won't poke out or fall out the bottom of the holder. (about an inch up from the bottom). The loop should be at the top of the cone, for hanging.

I have one and I keep it in a mug and put the kitchen scissors in it. I like to reinforce the loop for hanging on the potholder because scissors might be heavy. I think you could embellish it more, but I like the colorful button and it is so simple.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton TN

Crafts MiscellaneousMay 23, 2013
Clean Scissors
Cleaning Scissors
Making a Scissors Pouch
Making a Scissors Pouch or Holder
Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
CD Candle Holder
Making a CD Candle Holder
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 8:50:50 PM on 10.0.0.209 in 473 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.