Making a Holder for Scissors

Paper crafters in particular may have a large number and variety of scissors that they use in their craft. Finding a good way to store them and sewing scissors can be easy. This is a guide about making a holder for scissors.

April 18, 2010 Flag

I wanted a way to organize and store the specialty scissors used for trimming paper for scrap booking and other projects. I came up with the idea presented here.

Approximate Time: 1 to 2 hours

1. First, cut corrugated cardboard into 4x4 inch squares.

2. Use band saw if available, if not, use craft/box knife.

3. Cut as many pieces as you need. My project required 3 pieces for each scissor, plus 2 end pieces.

4. Glue pieces together with white glue. I added 4x4in. pieces of cardstock between every third piece as separators.

5. Ad

6. Place end pieces on cube, then add weight to the cube and let dry for a few hours.

7. Decorate the cube if desired, use colored paper, cloth, collage pictures from magazines, etc.

By Creativeman from Chatsworth CA

Wonderful idea! I loose my scissors nearly eve other day. Now I'll be able to find them & they will stay sharp too! Instead of building a holder, I will put several pairs of scissors in with all the knives.

Great idea! Maybe glue fabric remnants or decoupage pictures from magazines, etc. to dress it up the sides?

Great organizer but I have one question.How do you find the one edger you need/want?

What a great idea. I'll bet you always know where your scissors are. I think I'll make one of those. Thanks for a good tip.

December 12, 2011 Flag

I purchased a set of pot holders from the Dollar Tree. You simply get out the hot glue gun. Fold one up 1/3 the way and glue the sides. Some of my glue oozed out, so I just stuck a purple rose on each end.

Pot holder folded up one third to make a note pad and pen holder.

July 8, 2009 Flag

I will be making kitchen scissor holders to hang on the wall for Christmas this year. You take a potholder, a regular sized one, and fold it to a cone shape like an ice cream cone. Then you sew a button (all the way through, it can't come unbuttoned or it is not safe) at the intersection of the cone at the top. Then you stitch straight across the bottom so the scissors won't poke out or fall out the bottom of the holder. (about an inch up from the bottom). The loop should be at the top of the cone, for hanging.

I have one and I keep it in a mug and put the kitchen scissors in it. I like to reinforce the loop for hanging on the potholder because scissors might be heavy. I think you could embellish it more, but I like the colorful button and it is so simple.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton TN

Can you submit a photo?

I'd like to see a photo of this if anyone makes one.

It's also good to glue the button for the scissor with a hot glue gun.

Crafts MiscellaneousMay 23, 2013
Clean Scissors
Cleaning Scissors
Making a Scissors Pouch
Making a Scissors Pouch or Holder
Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
CD Candle Holder
Making a CD Candle Holder