Making a Mini Banjo
You may not win a picking contest with this cute little banjo, but the kids will surely have fun making it and playing with it. This is a guide about making a mini banjo.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you have any loom bands left behind from the recent craze, stuffed at the back of a cupboard somewhere, you can use them for this this mini banjo. It is colourful and easy to make and it doesn't make too much noise.
- 1 plastic or metal lid
- 2 wooden sticks
- 4 loom bands
- colourful stickers
- strong glue
- Use stickers to join the two sticks side by side. Note, if you can find a wide enough stick you will only need one
- Continue decorating the sticks on one end only.
- Using a good strong glue, join the sticks to the lid. I used a plastic lid from a tub of instant sauce which is nice and bright and colourful. However a metal lid will hold the tension of the bands better.
- Add a bit more bling to the lid if you like.
- If possible, choose bands of different sizes to make different notes. Stretch the bands across the lid.
- And there you have it!
August 25, 20160 found this helpful
September 8, 20160 found this helpful
Hey, I bet the kids just love this! It would be a great Church or rainy-day project. Thanks for sharing!