Making a Photo Frame from Old Jewelry

Category Frames
beaded wall photo frameand Bracelets
Make a special frame from sentimental or broken costume jewelry. This is a guide about making a photo frame from old jewelry.

I found a bag of old chokers and bracelets that are covered with rust. I wondered why they were placed in the kitchen. When I asked my mom, she said she was supposed to throw it away but forgot about it.

Then I thought of removing the beads from its thread and washing them thoroughly with water. When they were all cleaned up I let them dry and here's what I have made out of them.

• white glue
  • old beads (from chokers and bracelets)
  • plastic platform
  • acetate
  • needle and thread
  • glass
  • unused box or cardboard
  • scissors
  • glitters (opitional)

1. Find a plastic platform based on your preferred shape. This will help form the shape of your frame.
  2. Find a glass and place it upside down in the middle of your platform.
  3. Pour some glue around the glass.
  4. Start placing the different colors and designs of beads alternately. Fill your platform with beads.
  5. Ad

6. Sprinkle with glitters.
  7. Ad

8. Place in the sun to dry quickly.
  9. Ad

10. When the beads are slightly set, carefully remove the glass.
  11. As soon as you remove the glass, the beads are set and hard enough to transfer onto a piece of acetate. Add more beads if desired.
  12. Ad

13. Brush the bead frame with the excess glue on the platform mixed with a small amount of water.
  14. Sprinkle again with glitters.
  15. Cut the acetate, following the shape of the frame.
  16. Glue the back of the frame to the acetate.
  17. Stick the frame on the cardboard, leave the upper half unglued and cut following the shape of the frame.
  18. Notice that there is an opening in the top portion of the frame, between the acetate and the cardboard. Insert your picture.
  19. From the back, insert a large threaded needle through the upper end of the frame. Bring the thread to the front and make a loop. Hang your frame on the wall. You can use very narrow ribbon as well.