Making Jewel Case Picture Frames
Create fun photo or art work frames with CD cases. Kids love doing them and can be very creative by using recycled materials such as wool, ribbon, beans, googlie eyes, etc.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- cd case
- colored electrical tape
- white glue
- paintbrush (for glue)
- photo or art work
- fun foam pieces
- sharpie black marker
- wool (optional)
- beans (optional)
- lace (optional)
- cut up old playing cards (optional)
- glitter (optional)
- Scotch tape
- Lay out a place mat or old plastic shower curtain as your as a work platform.
- Take a CD case and remove the black inner part.
- Frame the outer rim of the case with colored tape
- Select decorative objects like: fun foam pieces, beans, wooden chips, googlie eyes, wool etc. to decorate the corners using white glue.
- If using fun foam, the children can use the Sharpie Black Marker to make dots on the foam or write something like "Luv U" or "To Dad" or "My Dog", you know what I mean.
- Adding a little glitter to the project would be a wonderful touch as the kids love glitter, however it is optional.
- Once complete, cut a photo or one of the child's masterpieces and place inside the frame with some scotch tape.
- Frame can sit on a desk or mounted on a wall.
By using a variety of materials you are also promoting recycling and reusing. Have Fun!
By Enza from Toronto, OntarioRead More Comments
3 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Instead of tossing old CD cases into the landfill, why not make some picture frames from them? Here is a way to do that.
Create a unique picture frame from an old advertising or damaged CD. You will want to choose a piece of decorative paper or kraft paper to cover it and then get down to adding the embellishments.
Binder clips allow it to stand. The project included on this page can help get you started.
ThriftyFun is one of the longest running frugal living communities on the Internet. These are archives of older discussions.
I took an old CD case and popped the two pieces apart, turned the clear side around and put it back together so now it would stand up in an A frame.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.