Making Decorative Picture Frames

Category Decorations
You can hand make unique photo frames or turn plain or old frames in beautiful new seasonal or decorative frames. This is a guide about making decorative photo frames.

Decorative Picture Frame Crafts

Share Your CraftCheck out these Decorative Picture Frame Crafts shared by the ThriftyFun community!

This is a guide about make drawer handles into mini frames. Photo frames can be made from a wide variety of repurposed items.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

Decorate a purchased frame or rejuvenate an old one with paint and miscellaneous items from your junk drawer. This is a guide about junk drawer picture frames.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

A wooden drapery ring, some lace, and other embellishments come together to create this pretty mini frame. This is a guide about lacy wrapped mini frame.

It's easy to create a custom frame for photos or artwork. This is a guide about how to make personalized frames.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

A heart shaped chocolates box can be made into a perfect picture frame for loved one. This is a guide about recycled candy box picture frame.

Rejuvenate an old picture frame by wrapping it in paper. This is a guide about handmade paper frame.

You can make this cute frame using colorful drinking straws and cardboard. This is a guide about drinking straw frame.

Make your own picture frame from recycled items for a fun customizable craft project. This is a guide about recycled picture frame.

Log slices can be used in many craft projects. Making them into picture frames is another excellent use for them. This is a guide about making picture frames from log slices.

This is a guide about making a film reel frame. If you are lucky enough to have or find and old 16mm film reels, you can try your hand at making this clever photo frame.

This is a guide about making a vintage frame. Lace, ribbons, buttons, and other embellishments can be used to decorate a plain photo frame giving it a vintage look.

This is a guide about making a bark covered picture frame. For a rustic look, cover a purchased photo frame with pieces of bark.

This is a guide about decorating a wooden picture frame. Plain wood picture frames can be decorated in many ways to fit into your home decor or to be given as gifts.

Decorative Picture Frame Crafts

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these Decorative Picture Frame Crafts. If you have made this project please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own variation.

Updated: This idea came to me when I was reading about laminated wood products. I decided to try it out using cardboard and craft glue and came up with a very strong but very light wood substitute.

All you do is cut cardboard boxes (cereal, cookies, crackers, etc.) into strips and glue the strips together one on top the other.

Recycled Frames And Shadowboxes From Cardboard

Even if you don't have a frame, you can make your pictures look decorative with colored duct tape! Add a magnet to the back and you can display it on your refrigerator with pride.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Decorative Picture Frame Crafts

Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following Decorative Picture Frame Crafts. Have something to add? Please share your solution!

I bought a nice wooden frame with a colander of apples in it for .50 a couple of years back. Today I finally had the time to fix it up properly by adding ribbon, buttons, fabric scraps, and an old glove. It turned out really nice.

When making a pet photo frame, instead of using "real" dog or cat treats, try making them out of polymer clay. Pets then will not attempt to eat the frames

Just cut a hole out of the middle with an exacto knife and paint the lid green. I hot glued on some red sequins for the holly berries and used fabric paint for the 2005. I made the bow out of red velvet. I used a twistie tie for the hanger on the back.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Revamp old photo frames for new uses. Even baby shower gifts! I revamped a garage sale find. I used what was suppose to be an old wedding bells procelain picture frame into a baby shower frame.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

To add pizzazz to your pictures, add something extra to them as I have done with this one. I picked this cute dog frame up on clearance for $1.00. Then, I took a piece of brown textured scrapbook paper placed it behind a slightly turned picture of my dog, Gabe. Then I printed out this quote by M. Siegal, "Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative." It took less than 5 minutes and didn't require fancy equipment or skills: just a printer and Microsoft Word. I've done this to other pictures now and have received several compliments from visiting friends and family. So simple anyone can do it. By Jona Kessans

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Decorative Picture Frame Crafts

Ask a QuestionHere are the Decorative Picture Frame Crafts asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

I am looking for decorations (skis, spurs, barb wire...etc ) for some old barn wood photo frames I bought. Does anyone know where I could purchase decorations for photo frames?

I was sorting my stuff in the garage and found this old picture frame. It was covered with paint stains around the wooden frame and looked so dirty.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes