Handmade Paper Frames
September 26, 2008
This is an old frame made new with the addition of handmade paper and a little ribbon. I did not make the paper myself, though I know there are directions on the internet and in books telling how to do this.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- old picture frame
- piece of handmade paper
- ribbon (optional)
- Remove glass and backing from frame.
- Set frame on back of paper. Draw a line on the paper around the outside of the frame, keeping it about an inch away from the frame - you will need enough excess to wrap around to the back of the frame.
- Now draw a line on the paper around the inside of the frame (where you would put the picture), keeping it about an inch away from the inside of the frame - again, you will need enough to wrap around to the back of the frame.
- Cut on the lines you made and you will have a paper frame a little larger than your original one.
- Place glue over the front, sides, and around to the back of your original frame. Carefully, set the paper over the glue and press it smoothly over the frame surface, around the sides and onto the back.
- If desired, you can glue ribbon and a bow or other decorative items to the frame.
Note: If you have a frame larger than the paper, you can tear two sheets of paper into strips and glue these to the frame in layers.
By Marie from West Dundee, ILRead More Comments
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
September 23, 2019
Have you ever made hand-made paper, and then wondered what to do with it? My husband bought me a paper-making kit years ago, and at first, I decided to use old Christmas wrapping paper rather than recycling.
(I was learning, okay?)
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.