Making Picture Frames from Log Slices

Category Woodworking
Log slices can be used in many craft projects. Making them into picture frames is another excellent use for them. This is a page about making picture frames from log slices.

How can I make picture frames from log slices?

By Deborah Leavelle from PA

Answers

Best Answer

I have only seen them with a copy of a picture glued after centering, and covered with some type of clear coating. I am guessing the same products you use for decoupage, like Mod Pog. I would not use an original photo for that. Hope this helps you some!

I've seen the same thing. I was told they used polyurethane on it. But it came out beautifully! I agree, I'd copy the picture and keep the original in an album.

You could also use and existing frame found at a yard sale or thrift store and after you have sealed the log pieces. Glue them to the frame. I wanted log slices to display a particular collectible at my place of work, we used a spray sealer.

If the log slices are big enough and the photo is small enough, use a jigsaw to cut out a shape from the center of log slice and mount photo inside cutout. The log slice can be finished with any clear sealer or poly. If wanting to use many very small slices, they should be mounted on a "frame-like" backer board of plywood or MDF.

Seal the wood as above, and then mount the photo from the back on a piece of foam board, with glass in front of photo.
Post back your finished craft, so we can all see how it turns out.
Have fun!!!

Crafts WoodworkingMay 24, 2017
🌻
🎂
📓