Making a Hanging School Bus Picture Frame
What better way to display your child's school photos than with this craft stick school bus picture frame. Hang it on the fridge and gift one to the grandparents.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
August 15, 2018
Back to school season is coming up! This is a cute craft you can make to decorate your fridge and fill up with your child's pictures throughout the year.
Total Time: 25 minutes + drying time
Yield: 1 frame
- craft sticks
- paint + paint brush
- hot glue
- glue stick
- red and black construction paper
- pipe cleaner
- Sharpie pen
- cardboard box for painting in, optional
- Depending on the size of the bus you want to make, I used 4 skinny craft sticks and 3 wider craft sticks. Mess free painting is easy if you secure the sticks down with tape inside a box.
- Paint craft sticks with yellow paint and allow to dry.
- Once the paint has dried you are ready to assemble the picture frame with hot glue. Glue as shown in the photos.
- Now determine how big you want the windows to be (this will fit your child's photo). Once you have determined a good size for the windows, draw a line and cut off the excess on the craft sticks with scissors.
- Hot glue the 3 craft sticks to the picture frame.
- On black construction paper, use a circular object (I used a Gatorade cap) to trace shapes that resemble tires. Cut the two pieces out.
- Using a glue stick, glue the tire/wheels onto the bus.
- To make the school bus picture frame hangable, use a pipe cleaner. For the finishing touches, I wrote 2018-2019 with a Sharpie on the side of the bus. I also added a small red paper stop sign to the rear end of the bus.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.