Hanging School Bus Picture Frame
Back to school season is coming up! This is a cute craft you can make to decorate your fridge and fill up with your child's pictures throughout the year.
Total Time: 25 minutes + drying time
Yield: 1 frame
- craft sticks
- paint + paint brush
- hot glue
- glue stick
- red and black construction paper
- pipe cleaner
- Sharpie pen
- cardboard box for painting in, optional
- Depending on the size of the bus you want to make, I used 4 skinny craft sticks and 3 wider craft sticks. Mess free painting is easy if you secure the sticks down with tape inside a box.
- Paint craft sticks with yellow paint and allow to dry.
- Once the paint has dried you are ready to assemble the picture frame with hot glue. Glue as shown in the photos.
- Now determine how big you want the windows to be (this will fit your child's photo). Once you have determined a good size for the windows, draw a line and cut off the excess on the craft sticks with scissors.
- Hot glue the 3 craft sticks to the picture frame.
- On black construction paper, use a circular object (I used a Gatorade cap) to trace shapes that resemble tires. Cut the two pieces out.
- Using a glue stick, glue the tire/wheels onto the bus.
- To make the school bus picture frame hangable, use a pipe cleaner. For the finishing touches, I wrote 2018-2019 with a Sharpie on the side of the bus. I also added a small red paper stop sign to the rear end of the bus.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!