Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

A crayon got put into my load of lingerie and got dried. So now all of my lingerie has melted crayon stains on it. I don't want to throw away all that lingerie. Please help me.

By Kyle from Redfield, AR

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

I discovered a red crayon in our dryer Sunday night. I was able to get online and find the best way to clean the dryer out with Comet and Clorox Wipes (used separately) and was glad to discover there was a way to save all the clothes I had just washed. I found this on the site and tried:

• 2 max doses of HE liquid tide (I used All Free/Clear)
  • 1/2 lid of liquid Oxiclean (1/4 cup Sun Oxygen Cleaner powder)
  • 1/4 cup of Borax
  • 1/2 cup of liquid Shout (Spray and Wash w/Resolve)
  • 1/2 cup of vinegar

I soaked it overnight and let the wash cycle finish the next morning. I came home from lunch to discover that it did NOT work. I am pretty disappointed since they were her birthday clothes and pretty much all of her Spring wardrobe. I'm gonna wait for them to air dry and attempt to iron them using the brown paper bag approach. I wish others the best of luck if and when this happens. I'm just gonna make sure to do a complete and thorough search of every pocket before washing my 6 year old's clothes. (04/06/2010)

By KyleMom

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

I found what I assume was green crayon in my dryer. All over the load, not a pretty sight. I tried the 2c. tide, 1c. Oxiclean, 1/2c 20 Mule team Borax, 1c. shout, 1c. White vinegar remedy. About half the clothes are perfect. The other half have little specks. I'll repeat the cycle tonight. Even if I save only half the clothes, I'm tickled. I put the load in with all the ingredients in hot water. Let it sit overnight then ran the cycle in the morning. (04/18/2010)

By sycperdue

• Comments

Removing Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes, Man removing clothes from the dryer.
    Cleaning Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes
    Girl drawing with crayons on microfiber.
    Removing Crayon From Microfiber
    Making Crayon Rolls
    Making Crayon Rolls
    Picture of crayon stains on a dryer door.
    Cleaning Crayon Out of a Dryer
    Photo of melted yellow crayon on a car seat.
    Cleaning Melted Crayons Off a Car Seat