Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

I would like information on how to get melted crayon out of children's clothes.

By Marlene

Answers:

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

Try putting the clothing in the freezer and when set, scrape off the crayon. (12/10/2009)

By va3pur

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

To my horror today I opened up the dryer to find an entire load of clothes (including several pieces of nice Gymboree kids clothes!) with little red colored specks. I found the culprit in my son's pants pocket. It was a red crayon. I quickly googled to see if I could find a remedy. I found this website and I really appreciate all of the great information listed.

We were hit by a snow storm yesterday so my resources were limited but I did find a solution that worked. I put the clothes in the washing machine and started the hot water cycle. I added 1 box of baking soda, 1/2 cup vinegar, 2 caps full of Clorox, 2 stain fighter/booster, and my laundry detergent. I let the washing machine run for about a minute to mix everything and I let the load soak for about 30 minutes. I then let the wash cycle finish. Yeah! It worked! I was so relieved to see the spots gone! (12/19/2009)

By klee2217

Removing Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes, Man removing clothes from the dryer.
Cleaning Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes
Girl drawing with crayons on microfiber.
Removing Crayon From Microfiber
Making Crayon Rolls
Making Crayon Rolls
Picture of crayon stains on a dryer door.
Cleaning Crayon Out of a Dryer
Photo of melted yellow crayon on a car seat.
Cleaning Melted Crayons Off a Car Seat
🎉
🎄