Memory Jar For Mother's Day

For Mother's Day some years ago, my siblings and I (all grown) made our mom a Memory Jar. We found a beautiful ceramic jar for under $10, which we filled with special memories. Each of us had our own color paper (blue for my brother, pink for my sister, yellow for myself). We cut the paper into several small pieces, wrote a memory on each slip of paper, rolled into little scrolls and tied each with a coordinating piece of ribbon. Mom cried at the notes, and proudly displays the jar on her hutch.

By Tricia from Tucson, AZ

Memory Jar For Mother's Day

That is a fabulous idea! (05/01/2007)

By AvaM

Memory Jar For Mother's Day

I love this idea! I am going to expand it a little this year for my cousin and her young son and for my niece and her baby. I am going to make a memory box with the child's name and the year started(decorated of course) and each year mom can add her mothers day cards, pics and any other memories to it. I am also going to include a journal for mom to write in on that special day. I know that my niece and cousin will love this! (04/29/2008)

By kiki@home

Memory Jar For Mother's Day
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
Mom and Kids Celebrating Mother's Day
Celebrating Mother's Day