How to Make a Memory Jar for Mother's Day

Category Gifts
A memory jar is a simple and easy way to share your favorite memories of your mom for Mother's Day. It is inexpensive to make, but full of priceless moments.

When last Mother's Day rolled around, I thought my mother would enjoy reading my own remembrances. I took a decorative glass jar with a lid and made a "Jar of Childhood Memories" for her to read. I typed all kinds of moments remembered from my childhood. Each one began with "I remember".

Example: I remember you driving me to music lessons every Saturday. Once I started, the memories just flowed. I typed them all up, double-spaced, and cut them into single memories.

I filled my memory jar, tied a pretty bow around it and put it in the mail to my mom who lives 400 miles away. She later told me that my memory jar was so much more personal than a card. The whole family had fun reading and remembering each and every one. She said it had taken her back down memory lane, which she hadn't traveled in years.

By vickie guy from Earle, AR

This fast and inexpensive Mother's Day jar is sure to please any mom or grandma.

Approximate Time: About 30 minutes

Instructions:

1. Cut decorative paper into an 12 inch x 3 inch strip.
  2. Wrap paper around jar and glue ends to back of jar.
  3. Advertisement

4. Cut solid coordinating paper into a 4 x 3 inch rectangle.
  5. Glue photo at angle on coordinating paper.
  6. Attach to front of jar with glue.
  7. Write happy thoughts and praises to mom on each strip of paper. Fold each strip in half and drop into jar.
  8. Glue flower to top of lid and place on jar.

By Mom of 1 from Wilkesboro, NC

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

For Mother's Day some years ago, my siblings and I (all grown) made our mom a Memory Jar. We found a beautiful ceramic jar for under $10, which we filled with special memories.

In These Pages
Crafts GiftsJune 16, 2019
😷
😎
🌻
🐛
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf11568015.tip.html