Mikata's Japanese Restaurant Style Salad Dressing

I am desperately looking for a recipe for the salad dressing they serve in Mikata's Japanese Restaurants. I've found several copycat Japanese salad dressing recipes, but they are pinkish/orange in color (similar to the shrimp sauce). Does anyone know how to make the white salad dressing?

Monica from Dothan, AL

I am wondering if what your talking about is actually white or if it has a very slight green tint to it? If so, I think it's called Wasabi dressing and I have an easy recipe for it. It sounds like it would be hot or spicy because of the Wasabi, but the other ingredients would make it more sweet.

I haven't actually tried this recipe yet, but I have all the ingredients in my kitchen and can make a batch for a taste test to see if it's the same as what I've had in restaurants for you. If it is, it's yummy and I'll bet you would like it. Just click my contact button if you're interested. (11/25/2008)

By Deeli

I have lived In Japan for most of my life.
I wonder if what you have had is not actually salad dressing, but something we dip our food in when eating what is sometimes called Mongolian Hot Pot. We call it SHABU SHABU sauce. It is slightly nutty and tangy and this comes from the vinegar and sesame seeds being ground together. It looks slightly beige.

I would try the local Asian Market and ask for SHABU SHABU sauce. You will find it in a little fat jar with a picture of someone dipping meat into a plate of sauce. Even if this isn't your dressing, you might find it a good alternative. I doctor it any way I want. I do know that it is used for dressing on salad in Japan. I have eaten it that way. (12/02/2008)

By Tim from Science Hill

Potato Salad Dressing
Potato Salad Dressing Recipes
Japanese beetle eating a leaf.
Getting Rid of Japanese Beetles
Japanese Restaurant Style Shrimp with  Sauce
Japanese Restaurant Style Shrimp Sauce Recipe