Milk Jug Electric Cord Reel

This is a nice way to reuse a milk jug to help keep your extension cords tangle free. This page shows you how to make a milk jug electric cord reel.

July 19, 2012 Flag

I use the electric leaf blower frequently to blow off the porch and carport. I've just been looping the cord and laying it across the blower for storage and having to untangle it every time I use it.

I told my husband that we needed to purchase a reel to keep the cord on. A reel makes it easier to store the cord and keeps it from getting tangled up. The idea popped into my head to use a milk jug so I gave it a try and it works.

I cut out a section opposite the handle to make some sides to hold the cord. Holding the jug by the handle, I wrapped the cord around the jug. This works, however, I think a heavier jug will work even better. I may not have to spend money on a reel after all.

By Betty from NC

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Top Comment

As I thought, a heavier plastic works much better. I made one using a Clorox jug and cut smaller slots on two sides.

Get yourself a battery powered leaf blower it should hold enough for to use a couple of times.

That is brilliant! Thanks!

In These Guides
Milk Jug On White Background
Uses for Milk Jugs
Storing Extension Cords
Storing Extension Cords
Organizing GarageFebruary 16, 2017
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
Scoop for pet food.
Making a Scoop from a Quart Milk Jug
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
A single plastic 1/2 gallon milk jug against a black background.
Using Milk Jugs in the Garden
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 9:49:06 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.