Mushrooms on My Lawn

For the first time, toadstools or mushrooms are growing in patches of the lawn. How do we get rid of them?

By SunshineGal from Central WA

Mushrooms on My Lawn

These are called fairy rings. If you google that term, you will find lots of information. Apparently, it can really damage your lawn before you know it and they're difficult to get rid of, lots of digging involved. Good luck! (08/22/2009)

By trenea7

Mushrooms on My Lawn

Get a fungicide from a nursery or home center. Spray a week apart, I think. I used spray paint to mark where they were, because you have to spray enough to kill the spores. The paint eventually gets mowed off, but it stays long enough so you can do the whole area where they are at enough times. I've had these a few times, no digging involved. (08/31/2009)

By c t

Fairy rings are easy to get rid of if you don't let them get out of hand. A simple solution of water and dish soap sprayed over the area to saturate makes them be gone fast. Fairy rings are the easiest of the fungi to irradicate...

Mushrooms on My Lawn
Freezing Mushrooms
Freezing Mushrooms
Large Jar of Canned Mushrooms
Canning Mushrooms
Mushrooms cooking in a skillet.
Sauteing Mushrooms
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes