Mussels with Garlic and Tomato Sauce
Vote for this contest contender!
This is a great meal to serve a guest for dinner. It is different from your traditional pasta sauces. Try this tasty recipe for a change of pace.
Prep Time: 30
Cook Time: 30
Total Time: 1 hr.
- 2 lb mussels
- 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 pkg (8oz) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- salt to taste
- spaghetti noodles
Serve with garlic toast.
- Saute onions, garlic, celery, mushrooms and green peppers for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in canned tomatoes. Add pepper and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally. Prepare spaghetti.
- Remove cover from sauce and add mussels. Cover again and bring to boil. Cook until mussels open. About 3-5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Ladle the mixture over spaghetti noodles and serve with garlic toast.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 19, 2017 at 11:06:40 PM on 10.0.1.26 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us