Nail Polish on Carpet

Nail Polish was spilled on the carpet several days ago. I need to know how to remove it from a beige rug.

Charlotte from Providence, RI

Answers:

Nail Polish on Carpet

Wow. I am amazed at the results. I had a good amount of dark red polish on my new carpet and was mortified. I poured small amounts of Windex on the stain and then used a very soft bristled brush used to scrub laundry stains. I then soaked it up and wiped with paper towels. When a lot of it was gone I took shaving cream (gel) and then scrubbed that in with the brush. I then wiped it clean with a towel rinsed in warm water and it was a miracle, everything was gone.

(12/05/2008)

By Meghan

Nail Polish on Carpet

My equations:

3-year-old child + red nail polish + beige shag carpet = ugly mess + unhappy daddy

window cleaner + oxiclean + shaving cream + elbow grease = clean carpet + calm daddy. (12/27/2008)

By df

Nail Polish on Carpet

Hairspray definitely works. I spilled black nail polish on a tan carpet and hairspray took it right out. (01/24/2009)

By Lauren

Nail Polish on Carpet

My daughter spilled white nail polish (half a bottle) all over her dark maroon carpet in her bedroom. I read these posts, and decided to try the Windex thing first. I used the clear Windex that has vinegar in it, and that worked great. The stain was dry, because I didn't hear about it till then. I also decided to use cold water to soak up the Windex just in case. It didn't take the color out of carpet or anything. Just hoping it won't take glue out of carpet, that is yet to be seen. (08/08/2009)

By MOM IN IOWA

Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish
Removing Nail Polish from Wood Furniture
🎉
🎄